Crunchy pretzels are a satisfying snack all on their own, but give them a delicious flavor infusion and you’ve got these Honey Mustard & Onion Pretzel Bites on hand. They’re utterly addicting, and incredibly simple to throw together. You can enjoy these seasoned pretzels whenever a craving strikes!
Potato salad doesn’t have to be traditionally creamy to be good. In fact, switching that out for a vinegar based honey mustard dressing actually makes it better for serving at barbecues & pot lucks in the Spring and Summer. This Warm Bacon Honey Mustard Potato Salad is simple enough to whip up, even at the last minute- and it’s bound to be the next big thing to hit the picnic table.
In central Virginia we say, “Wait 15 minutes. The weather will change.” This storm has proven the saying to be true today. All day, every 15 minutes. So far we’ve had rain, sleet, snow, freezing rain, and hail. Now, it’s decided it would like to sleet, but threw in a pinch of thunder and a dash of lightening. Seriously?! Ice Lightning? Go home Weather, you’re drunk.
Really though, this wonky winter weather recipe has our family staying in doors for the rest of the afternoon and evening. That put the kibosh on my plans to pick up the carry-out I’d been craving for dinner. Bummer? Not anymore! I’m making my favorite restaurant chicken right at home. Delicious dinner, and staying safe and dry? Don’t mind if I do. Nobody’s going to ‘rain’ on this girl’s parade today.
Alice Springs Chicken has never tasted better than it does when made fresh in the comfort of your own home. This savory (and cheesy, we can’t forget cheesy) chicken is even better with our easy, homemade honey mustard sauce for dipping. If Alice Springs is your
thing kind of chicken, don’t let a night indoors stop your from enjoying your favorite dish.
*Copycat* Outback Steakhouse Alice Springs Chicken with Homemade Honey Mustard
4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts, pounded to 1/2 inch in thickness (if they’re really thick it can be easier to just fillet them)
6 slices bacon, halved
honey mustard (recipe below)
1 cup sliced, fresh mushrooms
2 cups shredded Colby Jack cheese (cheddar will work as a substitute)
1. Sprinkle and rub the chicken breasts with seasoning salt. Cover and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
2. Meanwhile, cook bacon in a large skillet until crisp. Remove bacon. ***Do not discard grease.*** Saute chicken in the bacon grease for 3 to 5 minutes per side, or until browned. Move chicken to a 9×13 pan.
3. Apply the honey mustard to each breast, then layer with mushrooms, bacon, and shredded cheese.
4. Bake in a 350° oven for 30 minutes, or until cheese is melted and chicken is done.
5. Serve with extra honey mustard sauce for dipping.
Homemade Honey Mustard Sauce
1. In a small bowl combine 1/2 cup mustard, 1/4 cup corn syrup, 1/4 cup mayonnaise, and 1/4 cup honey, mixing well. Add more honey if necessary, depending on how spicy/strong your base mustard is.
2. Refrigerate and allow to ‘chill’ before using.