This strawberry and goat cheese bruschetta makes elegant summer entertaining effortless. Sweet strawberries, tomatoes, and basil compliment the earthy goat cheese. The tart fruity flavor of balsamic vinegar and olive oil blend the tastes together for a delightful dish perfect for entertaining.
Oatmeal doesn’t have to come out of a store bought packet. Infuse more flavor into your morning meal, and spend only 5 minutes before bed time fixing it. Set it in the fridge, forget it, and in the morning start your day with a healthy bowl of this Strawberries & Cream Overnight Oatmeal.
Nanni always has some sort of special treat for the sons at every holiday gathering. Our 4th of July cookout was no exception. When I saw these, I was excited. Talk about taking chocolate covered strawberries to a whole new level! They were absolutely decious and a stunning addition to the table. I can’t wait to make another batch, this time getting the sons involved.
Strawberries dipped in white chocolate, and blue sugar are a fun and easy dessert, and make a perfect patriotic candy for the 4th of July, or the 5th (you know for all the celebratory cookouts all weekend long). It’s not too late to make a batch either, they’re totally last-minute friendly. So whether it’s at some point this weekend, or at next year’s festivities, bring a special sweetness and a hail to the red, white and blue in celebration of our independence.
Hold on to the recipe though ….. Christmas is 174 days away and these are just as eye catching using green.
Easy Chocolate Covered Red, White, And Blue Strawberries
Strawberries, washed and dried
Blue sugar, edible glitter, or sprinkles (blue sugar is shown in the picture)
1. Place blue sugar in a bowl.
2. In a separate bowl melt the chocolate, either in the microwave for two minute intervals, stirring in between until totally melted, in a mini crockpot set to low (this will keep it warm for some time and allow you more time to work), or using a double boiler on the stove top. Holding the stem, dip the lower two thirds of the strawberries in the melted white chocolate. Then, dip the lower third of the strawberries in the blue sugar or spoon it onto the strawberry.
3. Place on wax paper or a Silpat and refrigerate until completely cool.
I love cheesecake. I mean LOVE. I make it all the time. For everyone. For everything. For anything. I’ve been making cheesecake since I was 9 years old. Since I was a teenager it has been my go-to special occasion dessert and I’ve experimented with every kind of topping possible, including my favorites: peaches, cherries, and strawberries. However, fundamentally I always make it the same way, using the same methods: a NY style cheesecake batter poured into a delicious buttery graham cracker crust inside my trusty spring-form pan and finally, topped with whatever fruit I am craving. When I came across a sweet new twist on an old favorite of mine, I knew I had to try this. I served these petite ‘cheesecakes’ at a family birthday party and they were gobbled up almost as soon as I had set them out. Everyone loved them. The sprinkle of crushed graham cracker made them! With a perfect balance between rich, creamy cheesecake and the sweet fruity strawberries these are a must try for both cheesecake lovers and non-cheesecake lovers alike.
Cheesecake Stuffed Strawberries
- 1 lb large strawberries
- 8 oz. cream cheese, softened
- 4 tbsp powdered sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- graham cracker crumbs
- Rinse the strawberries and, using a paring knife, cut around the top of the strawberry.
- Remove the top of the strawberry and clean out the inside so that you’re left with a nice little hole in the center of the strawberry.
- Prep all the strawberries and then set them aside.
- In a mixing bowl beat the cream cheese, powdered sugar, and vanilla together until creamy and evenly combined.
- Put cream cheese mixture into a piping bag or a ziplock back with one of the corners snipped off.
- Fill the strawberries with the cream cheese mixture and arrange in a single layer on a plate or serving tray.
- Sprinkle generously with graham cracker crumbs.