Unicorn monkey bread is fun treat that will brighten your day. This tasty pull apart bread makes for a magically sweet breakfast, brunch or dessert. It will put a smile on everyone’s face even during the most stressful of times.
This sweet cinnamon pull apart bread is perfect for the cold weather months. It’s baked to golden brown perfection in a bundt pan, turned out onto a serving plate, and then topped with a sweet sticky eggnog infused glaze. Served for brunch or breakfast this eggnog monkey bread is guaranteed delight guests.
After almost 5 years, we’ll probably only two where he’s paid attention, the youngest son has finally grasped the concept of birthdays. Yes, you have one once a year.
He’s also gotten down not just the names of the months of the year, but there order and that there’s not a random sequence to them.
Yes, your birthday is in August. Yes that’s after June and July.
So naturally for the past, oh 3/4’s of a year or so, ha know since the day after his birthday last year there’s been a count down to his next big day this August.
He now introduces himself to people with his name, quickly followed by the fact that he’s now 5 & 3/4.
Our everyday birthday cake banter has really had us all craving just that. But that’s a ways away.
So I figured who needs to wait and wait and wait all the way until their special day just for a taste of birthday cake? Not us, not anymore. Not when we can have cake batter monkey muffins anytime of the year.
Not to mention, what morning isn’t just a wee bit brighter with a naughty little bit of cake for breakfast? Some days the sons can have their cake, and eat it too! We’ll just save the homemade butter cream frosting for the party part.
If you’ve tried these CAKE BATTER MONKEY MUFFINS, or any other recipe on the site, let me know in the comment section how it turned out, we love hearing from our readers! You can also follow along with me on PINTEREST, FACEBOOK, and INSTAGRAM to see more amazing recipes and whatever else we’ve got going on!
Cake Batter Monkey Muffins
- 1 can jumbo refrigerator biscuits NOT flaky
- 1 cup funfetti cake mix dry or yellow/vanilla cake mix with some sprinkles mixed in
- 3 tbsp brown sugar
- 4 tbsp butter melted
- 1/2 tsp vanilla
- Vanilla Frosting
- Spray a muffin tin/cupcake pan generously with cooking spray.
- In a small pot over medium heat, melt the butter. Transfer the melted butter to a small bowl and add the vanilla. Stir them together, and set it aside.
- Add the cake mix and brown sugar to another small bowl, and stir them together until evenly incorporated.
- Using a pair of kitchen shears, cut each biscuit into four pieces.
- Working with four pieces of dough at a time, dip them into the butter mixture, coating them completely. Using a fork or slotted spoon, remove them from the butter mixture (allowing any excess to drip off) and transfer them to the cake mix bowl. Coat each piece completely in the cake mixture. Place four coated pieces into each muffin tin, repeat the process until all eight tins are full.
- Bake at 375 degrees for approximately 12-15 minutes or until lightly golden, and the centers appear set being careful NOT to over bake them!! Allow the cooked muffins to cool in the pan for about 5 minutes before running a butter knife carefully around the edges and removing them from the pan.
- Place a dollop of frosting on the tops of the still-warm muffins and top with sprinkles.These are best served warm, but can be reheated in the microwave for about 10-20 seconds and served within one day.
recipe adapted from Chef In Training
This biscuit bubble up pizza dinner cooks in a single casserole dish and tastes just like a meaty pizza chock full of sausage and sliced pepperoni with plenty of melted cheese. It’s a dinner the whole family will love, and because it’s ready in under 30 minutes- it’s a hit with both busy parents and hungry kids!