With all my boys, it’s hard to get out for a manicure or pedicure, but I still love how silky smooth my hands and feet feel afterwards.
To get those same results, without always having to arrange for multiple sitters and leaving the house, I’ve turned to making my own scrubs at home.
There’s no reason my hands and feet should suffer just because I’ve had four kids. T
hat being said, I love a good sugar scrub, especially in the Summer, for my flip flop feet. There’s nothing like smooth, scented feet as I sit poolside.
I also enjoy experimenting with new scents and combinations, and when I stumbled upon this version from The Idea Room, I knew I had to make it immediately! It sounded that refreshing, and I just couldn’t wait, literally.
The results were everything I was hoping for in a light, refreshing scent, but with all the dead-skin exfoliating power I am used to.
Give your feet and/or hands a good scrub down with this, and then rinse. Not only will the delicious scent linger, but everything will be so smooth.
It’s perfect for letting those feet or hands make their official debut out in the summer sun!
Coconut Lime Sugar Scrub
- 1/4 cup coconut oil, melted
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1 tbsp shredded coconut
- 6-8 drops of Lime essential oil
- In a microwave, or on a stove-top, melt coconut oil.
- Remove from heat and mix in the sugar, stirring until fully incorporated.
- Add the coconut and the Lime oil.
- Mix together.
- Use! This recipe only makes 1 cup of sugar scrub, but could easily be doubled to stockpile some, or even to make to give as gifts.