Christmas Grinch Punch is the perfect holiday drink to get your family in the mood to CELEBRATE!
My kids love it, and it’s a hit at every holiday party.
It’s a fun way to bring the Dr. Seuss Christmas classic to life. It’s a great teachable moment, and a yummy nod to an important message.
I typically make this several times during the holiday season, and it’s a must on Christmas movie night. I love adding a little maraschino cherry ‘heart’ to each glass, but my kids hate them and convinced me to leave them out this year.
Settle in to watch your favorite Christmas movie with a delicious glass of this. Pop in a movie, check out Freeform’s 25 Days of Christmas, or check out some Christmas lights; get festive and get your ‘Grinch’ on with Christmas Grinch Punch !
Christmas Grinch Punch
- 1 carton frozen green punch base
- several scoops lime sherbet to taste
- lemon-lime soda or ginger ale
- maraschino cherries optional
- 1/3 cup sugar
- green food coloring
- Mix thawed punch mix, sherbet, and soda together. Set aside.
- In a small bowl add sugar. Add a few drops of green food coloring, stirring until evenly combined.
- When your sugar is satisfyingly green, dip the rim of a glass into water. You just want to get the rim wet. Dip the rim of the cup immediately into the bowl of sugar. Remove and set sugar-coated cup right side up. Repeat for the number of cups you're using.
- Add desired amount of punch to each cup, and if using add 1 maraschino cherry to each glass for the Grinch's heart that was 3x too small.