Homemade ranch dressing is so easy and delicious that you’ll never go back to buying the premade stuff again. Just a few basic ingredients stand between you and the best salad dressing or dip ever!
I am a major ranch dressing fan.
So are my boys.
We put it on everything- salad, pizza, sandwiches, fries, pickles….
I’d drink it if it weren’t frowned upon.
It’s just the perfect salad dressing with it’s fresh, creamy flavor and makes EVERYTHING taste better.
For this easy dressing you’ll need:
- Mayonnaise– Go for real, full fat mayo and not mayonnaise style dressing.
- Sour cream– Again, the full fat will taste better than the reduced fat.
- Buttermilk– Don’t substitute regular milk. The buttermilk gives ranch its classic tang.
- Seasonings– Dried parsley, dill weed, dried chives, onion powder, garlic salt and pepper.
How to Make
This is one of those recipes that’s so easy to make you’ll wonder why you haven’t been making your own all along.
All you do is whisk all the mayo, sour cream and buttermilk together until well combined in a mixing bowl.
When the base of the dressing is ready to go, whisk the seasoning in well.
Serve immediately or store in an airtight container in the refrigerator.
How long does homemade ranch dressing last?
If you use fresh buttermilk and sour cream and keep it properly stored in an airtight container in the fridge, this dressing should last for up to 2 weeks.
You’ll probably use it up sooner than that though because it’s so yummy on everything!
I love to use ranch dressing on any salad, and in many.
My favorite salads to use this with are:
- Pittsburgh Salad
- Ranch BLT Pasta Salad
- Buffalo Ranch Chicken Salad
- Pepperoni Pizza Salad
- Cold Tortellini Salad with Ranch
- Bacon Ranch Egg Salad
Other Homemade Dressings and Condiments You Might Like
Homemade ranch dressing is so good, you’ll never go back to buying the bottled stuff again!
Make it the next time you run out of dressing and enjoy!
Looking for other homemade dressings and condiments?
- Creamy Horseradish Sauce
- Homemade Caesar Salad Dressing
- Simple Cocktail Sauce Recipe
- Homemade Tartar Sauce
- 5 Minute Homemade Taco Sauce
If you’ve tried this HOMEMADE RANCH DRESSING, or any other recipe on the site, let me know in the comment section how it turned out, we love hearing from our readers! You can also follow along with me on PINTEREST, FACEBOOK, and INSTAGRAM to see more amazing recipes and whatever else we’ve got going on!
Homemade Ranch Dressing
- ½ cup mayonnaise
- ¼ cup sour cream
- ½ cup buttermilk
- ½ teaspoon dried parsley flakes
- ½ teaspoon dill weed
- 1 teaspoon dried chives
- ½ teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- Add mayonnaise, sour cream, and buttermilk into a medium mixing bowl and whisk well until combined.
- Add seasonings and whisk well.
- Serve immediately or store in an airtight container in the refrigerator.