A fresh, bright, healthier dinner option- this Pepperoni Pizza Salad is a filling Summer meal the whole family will fall for. Full of pepperoni, mozzarella cheese, tomatoes, sweet peppers, and onion it’s tossed in an Italian style salad dressing. Less calories, less carbs, but the same flavor profile you love & crave.
Dinner still needs to be served, the kids have still gotta eat, even on your most busiest of nights. An easily customize-able salad full of meat, cheese, and veggies is a quick & easy option every one will love.
Son # 2 will don his cap & gown tomorrow night, walk across the stage, and receive his high school diploma tomorrow night.
I thought it was hard when he turned 18 earlier this year, but this? This is so much harder to wrap my head around.
I’ve heard the saying, “Days go slow, and years go fast,” well they weren’t lying.
Just yesterday it seems like he was graduating 5th grade, now I turn around and we’re done with the whole shebang.
Even though this major milestone and life event hasn’t completely sunk in yet, one thing’s for sure- we’re incredibly proud of our boy.
He’s worked his little tushy off to not only make this moment happen, but to graduate from the county’s culinary program with honors (both years), and with A/B honor roll.
All while working a job and maintaining healthy relationships with family & friends. So. Dang. Proud.
We’ve got a big back yard barbecue planned on Sunday to celebrate his success with friends & family.
His actual ceremony though, is tonight at 7:30. Meaning we’ll be lucky if we’re even out of the city by 10 pm. But we’ve all still gotta eat before hand, and we’re headed out by 6 pm.
So I need something filling, that’s also quick, easy, and super tasty for supper before we can grab a snack on the way home.
This Pepperoni Pizza Salad is just the ticket, and exactly what I’ll be serving everyone this evening- even the graduate. And everyone’s excited about it!
A healthier, lighter dinner option is always a salad supper.
This one is full of fresh, vibrant ingredients like romaine lettuce, cherry tomatoes, pepperoni, sweet red pepper slices, red onion, and shredded mozzarella all tossed in a zest Italian-style dressing.
This Pepperoni Pizza Salad is bright, it’s crisp, and it features the flavors you love in a traditional pizza pie, but without added calories or carbs.
Other salad recipes you might enjoy: Pittsburgh Salad, Chicken & Waffle Salad with Maple Dijon Vinaigrette, Cherry Berry Fruit Salad, Tomato Cucumber Feta Salad, & BLT Salad Bowl.
If you’ve tried this PEPPERONI PIZZA SALAD, or any other recipe on my site, let me know in the comment section how it turned out, we love hearing from our readers! You can also follow along with me on PINTEREST, FACEBOOK, and INSTAGRAM to see more amazing recipes and whatever else we’ve got going on!
Pepperoni Pizza Salad
For The Salad
- 8 oz pkg chopped romaine lettuce
- 2 cups cherry tomatoes, halved or quartered
- 6 oz pkg sliced pepperoni, halved or quartered
- 1/2 sweet red pepper, seeds removed & thinly sliced
- 1/2 red onion, thinly sliced
- 4 oz mozzarella cheese, shredded
- Italian seasoned croutons, for garnish
For The Italian-Style Dressing
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1/3 cup seasoned rice vinegar
- 1 tsp fresh parsley, washed, dried, and minced
- 1/4 tsp Italian seasoning
- 1 tsp minced garlic
- 3/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp freshly ground black pepper
To Make The Salad
- Add all of the salad ingredients, except the croutons, to a large mixing bowl. Stirring to evenly toss.
- Cover to seal, and chill for 1-2 hours.
To Make The Italian-Style Dressing
- Add all of the dressing ingredients to a jar. Seal tightly with lid. Shake vigorously until the dressing's evenly combined.
- Pour the dressing out over the salad, tossing to combine.
- Serve the salad in bowls, topped with the Italian-seasoned croutons.
Leave a Comment