Refrigerator pickles are so crisp and full of garlic and dill flavor – I promise if you make them, you’ll never want to buy a jar at the store again! Enjoy these pickles with a sandwich, in salads, on top of hamburgers, or by themselves as they make a super healthy and easy homemade snack.
This post may contain affiliate links. As an amazon associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. See my full Disclosure Policy for details.
The sons have a love hate relationship with pickles.
They either love them or hate them with two for and two against.
I bolster the for them side since I am all for their salty, briny taste!
We’ve always got a family size jar in the fridge just for when one of us needs a pickle fix.
Or at least we did.
Then I got a deal from our local farmers market that resulted in us getting several pounds of free cucumbers and I couldn’t let those beauties go to waste.
Fortunately, I found a way to make an easy, refrigerator pickle with no complicated ingredients or methods involved. I’m looking at you pickling spice!
With a few easy ingredients and three short days later we were busy crunching down on the
fruits pickles of our labor.
To make these you’ll need:
- Cucumbers– You can slice them into spears or slices. We normally do jars of both.
- Vinegar– Use white vinegar instead of any other variety.
- Water– To make the base of the brine.
- Sugar– To cut the acid.
- Salt– Go for sea salt instead of table salt.
- Seasonings– Garlic cloves, fresh dill and peppercorns.
How to Make
How long will they stay good in the fridge?
Other Recipes You’ll Love if You Love Pickles
These easy refrigerator pickles are a simple way to make and enjoy the most flavor packed homemade pickle ever. Make them to satisfy your pickle craving today!
Looking for other ways to enjoy pickles? Try some of these yummy recipes:
- Tiktok Ranch Pickles (includes Taco & Chili seasoned pickle instructions)
- Dill Pickle Potato Salad
- Pickle Wrap Dip
- Dill Pickle Chicken Salad
- Pickle Bread
- Dill Pickle Tuna Salad
- Pickle Pasta Salad
If you’ve tried these EASY REFRIGERATOR PICKLES or any other recipe on the site, let me know in the comment section how it turned out, we love hearing from our readers! You can also follow along with me on PINTEREST, FACEBOOK, and INSTAGRAM to see more amazing recipes and whatever else we’ve got going on!
Quick & Easy Refrigerator Pickles
- 1 1/4 cups white vinegar
- 3 1/2 cups water
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon sea salt
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 2 heads of dill weed
- peppercorns to taste, but about 20 per jar
- 4 cups cucumbers or about 3-4 average sized cucumbers
- Cut cucumbers into spears or slices. We typically do jars of both.
- Combine water, salt, sugar, and vinegar in a saucepan and bring to a boil on the stove. After it starts boiling, remove from heat and let cool completely.
- Place cucumbers, dill, and garlic in one large glass jar or several small jars. Get as many pickles into your jars as you can without crushing any of them.
- Pour cooled liquid in jars and seal and refrigerate for 3 days. They should last about a month in the fridge.
post originally published August 31, 2014
This post may contain affiliate links. As an amazon associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. See my full Disclosure Policy for details. As always, all opinions are my own.
Leave a Comment