No churn cherry cobbler ice cream combines ice cream shop style ice cream with the classic summer dessert. You don’t need a fancy ice cream maker to enjoy the a homemade version of the silky frozen treat right at home!
This post may contain affiliate links. As an amazon associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. See my full Disclosure Policy for details.
Summer means ice cream.
Sure, it means a lot of other stuff too. Sunshine, warm weather, lots of daylight.
But, let’s be honest, it mostly means ice cream.
And I’m ok with that.
But I’m not ok with schlepping the family to the ice cream shop every day all summer long even though we all want fancy flavors.
So what do I do? Make my own for the whole family at a fraction of the price of treating us to a night of waiting in a long line for our favorite flavors.
It’s easy, doesn’t require any fancy equipment and the results are top notch when you make it at home.
Plus, you can have any flavor you can imagine like this cherry cobbler ice cream.
It’s loaded with cherry pie filling and a crumbly cobbler topping for the perfect blend of summer treats.
You don’t need anything hard to find to make this. To make it you’ll need:
- Cream– You want heavy whipping cream here, not light cream. Make sure it’s very cold before you use it.
- Sweetened Condensed Milk– Use store bought or make your own.
- Vanilla– Real vanilla extract will taste much better in this than imitation.
- Cherry pie filling– Use your favorite kind.
- Cobbler topping ingredients– A combination of quick oats, flour, brown sugar, cinnamon and salted butter make little dollops of yummy cobbler crumbs that will run through the ice cream.
How to Make
Making this no churn ice cream recipe is so easy!
To do it, start by pouring your heavy whipping cream into a large mixing bowl.
Mix with a hand mixer until the cream forms stiff peaks.
Now add in condensed milk and vanilla, and mix well.
Then pour into a metal bread pan.
Top the ice cream mixture with cherry pie filling and cut with a knife to create a marbled look.
Add a few more spoon fulls of cherry pie filling for good measure.
Place in the freezer while you bake your topping.
To make the topping, add the oats, flour, brown sugar, cinnamon, and butter into a separate bowl.
Cut with two forks or a pastry cutter until everything is combined and crumbly.
Spread the crumbly topping out on a baking sheet, and bake at 325 degrees for 5 minutes or just until it is golden.
Once the crumb topping is golden, take it out of the oven and let it cool thoroughly before spooning on top of the ice cream.
Cover the ice cream tightly with plastic wrap or foil and freeze for 4 hours or overnight.
Serve and enjoy!
Store the ice cream covered in the freezer. You can cover it tightly in the original container or transfer it to an air tight freezer safe container for longer storage.
Tips and Tricks
- I like to start any homemade ice cream recipe with cold ingredients. Don’t take the heavy cream out of the fridge until you are ready to use it and you might want to refrigerate the evaporated milk and the mixing bowl as well.
- Use real vanilla for the best flavor.
- Make sure you let the crumb topping cool completely prior to adding it to the ice cream.
- If your ice cream is too hard to scoop when you take it out of the freezer, just let it soften on the counter for a few minutes.
Other No Churn Ice Cream Recipes You’ll Love
This no churn cherry cobbler ice cream is a family favorite in the summer time.
Make it for dessert and skip the lines at the ice cream shop!
Looking for other no churn ice cream recipes?
- Peaches & Cream No Churn Ice Cream
- No Churn Orange Dreamsicle Ice Cream
- No Churn Blueberry Muffin Ice Cream
- No Churn Red Velvet Cake Ice Cream
- Apple Crisp No Churn Ice Cream
If you’ve tried these NO CHURN CHERRY COBBLER ICE CREAM, or any other recipe on the site, let me know in the comment section how it turned out, we love hearing from our readers! You can also follow along with me on PINTEREST, FACEBOOK, and INSTAGRAM to see more amazing recipes and whatever else we’ve got going on!
No Churn Cherry Cobbler Ice Cream
- 2 cups Heavy Whipping Cream
- 1 14 oz can sweetened Condensed Milk
- 4 teaspoons Vanilla
- Cherry Pie Filling
- 1 cup Quick Oats
- ½ cup Flour
- ½ cup Brown Sugar
- 2 teaspoons of Cinnamon
- ½ cup salted Butter
- Pour your heavy whipping cream into a large mixing bowl.
- Mix until cream becomes stiff.
- Add in condensed milk and vanilla, and mix well.
- Pour into a metal pan. I use a bread pan.
- Top with cherry pie filling and cut with a knife to create a marbled look.
- Add a few more spoonfuls of cherry pie filling.
- Place in the freezer while you bake your topping.
- In a bowl add your oats, flour, brown sugar, cinnamon, and butter.
- Cut with two forks until everything is combined and crumbly.
- Place on a baking sheet, and bake at 325 degrees for 5 minutes or just until it is golden and butter is caramelized.
- Remove and let cool.
- Spoon on to the top of your ice cream.
- Freeze for 4 hours or overnight.
- Serve and Enjoy!
This post may contain affiliate links. As an amazon associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. See my full Disclosure Policy for details. As always, all opinions are my own.