An ice cream like layer of fresh strawberries and cream is sandwiched between a crisp sugar cookie crust and crumbled cookie topping in these yummy Strawberry Crunch Bars. They’re a perfect dessert and a welcome addition to any brunch spread.
Don’t you just love the combination of strawberries and cream? I love it in my oatmeal, I love it in my cake and cupcakes.
Shoot, I’m happy just dipping a fresh strawberry into some freshly whipped cream and taking a big ol’ bite.
It may be a simple flavor combo, but sometimes some of the best things in life are the simplest.
If you grew up eating strawberry shortcakes in the Summer, if you enjoy the flavors of strawberry cheesecake, and if you think sugar cookies pair perfectly with vanilla ice cream– then these dessert bars are for you.
A mouthful of sweet in every bite, they’re oh so refreshing in this warm weather.
A perfect blend of silky smooth and crunchy cookie crust in one dish. Serve them at the end of a family dinner, or for a real treat in the afternoon.
You can even include them on your next brunch menu for a sweet addition to the more typical breakfast options.
Do you pick your own Strawberries in the Spring & Summer? Or just snatch them up during the fabulous sale prices going on?
What do ya do with em? I’m always on the lookout for the next great thing to throw mine into. I’d love to hear your ideas in the comments!
Strawberry Crunch Bars
- 15 oz sugar cookies
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 6 tbsp butter melted
- 8 oz cream cheese softened
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 lb fresh strawberries
- Crush 10 oz of sugar cookies in a food processor.
- Add in the melted butter and pulse until evenly incorporated into the crushed cookies.
- Press the mixture out evenly into the bottom of a 9x13 baking dish that's been sprayed with non stick cooking spray.
- Bake at 325 degrees for 20-30 minutes. Make sure to watch that the crust doesn't burn or overly brown. Remove the pan from the oven and set it aside to cool completely.
- Wash, hull and slice the strawberries.
- Add the cream and sugar to the bowl of a stand mixer, use the whip attachment to beat on medium speed until soft peaks form. Add the cream cheese to the bowl and whip again just until the cream cheese is completely incorporated. Use a spatula to gently fold in the sliced strawberries.
- Spread the strawberry and cream mixture evenly out over top of the cooled crust.
- Again in the food processor, crush the rest of the sugar cookies. Sprinkle the crushed cookies out over top of cream mixture.
- Cover and place the dish in the freezer for at least an hour.
- Remove the dish from the freezer about 15 minutes before you're ready to serve. Slice into squares and serve immediately.