Umm banana bread what?!
Look out kids there is a new snack food on the block and its kicking that old fashioned banana bread to the curb!
The old timer’s going down!
Seriously, this strawberry bread is beyond delicious.
We all know I’m not one to exaggerate (much) and although it may seem like I say that every new recipe I post is the newest bestest thing to hit your tastes buds this bread . . . ohmywordthisstrawberrybread!
You need it in your life!
See this spring I made my first strawberry bread and since then it’s quickly become a summer staple, which I’m sure we’ll see continue to return year after year. This time I thought I’d jazz it up a bit by adding a a little something extra. I ended up adding a sweet strawberry glaze (or if I’m being honest– icing), because go big or go home – amiright?
Fresh strawberries meet an almost cake-like bread. You could forgo the glaze and just spread each slice with butter or strawberry flavored cream cheese and it would be just as delicious!
Like I said, you need this in your life.
recipe adapted from Cookies and Cups
STRAWBERRY BREAD WITH A STRAWBERRY CREAM CHEESE GLAZEPrint Rate
- 1 cup chopped strawberries
- 2 Tbsp flour
- 1/2 cup butter room temperature
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 1/2 tsp vanilla
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp kosher salt
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 3/4 cups flour
For The Glaze
- 1/4 cup strawberry jam or preserves
- 1/4 cup 2 oz cream cheese, room temperature
- 1/4 cup powdered sugar
- Put the chopped strawberries in a small bowl. Add flour and stir/toss making sure they’re coated well. Set aside.
- In a mixer, or by hand, cream the butter and sugar together until light and fluffy, about 1-2 minutes of vigorous mixing. Next, add the eggs and vanilla mixing until fully incorporated, scraping the sides, as necessary.
- Add in the baking powder and salt and mix to completely combine.
- Turn the mixer to low and slowly begin adding in the flour and milk, beginning and ending with flour, but alternating between the two.
- Continue mixing until batter is smooth and evenly combined.
- Using a spatula, fold in the strawberries until they’re fully incorporated, evenly, into the batter. Pour the batter into a greased 9×5 in. pan.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 45-50 minutes, or until center is set and a toothpick or knife that’s inserted into your loaf comes out clean.
- Allow the bread to cool in the pan for 10 minutes and then remove from the pan and allow it to finish cooling on a wire rack.
To Make The Glaze
- Beat the strawberry jam/preserves, cream cheese, and powdered sugar together until smooth. Spread over the cooled bread, allowing it to drip down the sides. Wait about 10 minutes to allow the glaze to ‘set’ before slicing and serving.