A stunning dessert, these Strawberry Pretzel Salad Parfaits put a creamy new spin on the classic strawberry pretzel salad. Featuring layers of flavor infused freshly whipped cream, buttery cinnamon pretzels, and ripe berries- it’s a dessert destined to impress.
This post and recipe was created for #SummerDessertWeek! I was sent samples by some of the sponsor companies but as always opinions are 100% mine.
Some things about the seasons, like the seasons themselves, can just be counted on. Kinda like clock work.
For example, we know every Spring/Summer- the strawberries are gonna ripen on the vine. It’s just a given. It’s guaranteed.
Cue the strawberry everything in this neck of the woods here in the South.
You can bet your bottom dollar your social media feeds will be filled with gorgeous pictures of everyone you know, or ever met, picking fresh strawberries from the local patches.
Followed closely by strawberry everything.
If you love strawberries as much as I do, this isn’t the problem it may sound like. In fact, it’s not a problem for us at all!
Bring on all the strawberry things. That includes at every potluck, get together, party, etc.
One thing you’re guaranteed to see at just about every gathering? Some version of a strawberry pretzel ‘salad’.
Not sure who first called it a salad, it’s not in any shape or form, but it definitely is pretty darn good.
It’s a simple dessert that doesn’t have a long ingredient list. What it lacks in ingredients though, it more than makes up for in a beautifully designed marriage of flavors.
Sweet, a little salty, and with a teensy bit of tart- it’s a dessert guaranteed to be a hit. A salty, buttery pretzel crust is topped with a layer of creamy cool whip, finished off with a sweet layer of sliced strawberries in a jello mixture.
Like I said, easy peasy. It’s a little bit retro, sure- it’s been much loved for decades, but it’s a dessert that’s been a favorite of both the young and old for as long as we can all currently remember.
This year though, it’s the start of another #SummerDessertWeek and we decided to shake things up a bit.
We took the jello bit out, added a little fresh cream, and decided to layer everything into a stunning parfait- let me introduce you to our Strawberry Pretzel Salad Parfaits.
The perfect Summer dessert, these were meant to be shared.
Before I dive into the recipe, I need to give a shout out.
I don’t know if you noticed at first glance, but just look at the beautiful etchings on these glasses! Susquehanna Glass is my go to.
They offer beautiful, quality etched glass pieces, even the gorgeous solid wood cutting board pictured. You can’t go wrong with any of their pieces, and they’re perfect for showcasing stunning desserts, or drinks, to impress your guests.
We also used our go to brand of sugar, Dixie Crystals for the perfect amount of sweetness that never disappoints. For extra flavor, we used Adam’s Extracts so that every bite was infused with hints of vanilla and sweet strawberry flavor.
Not bites left behind, or an ounce of serious flavor missed, when your cupboards are stocked with premium, family friendly, trusted ingredients.
Other strawberry recipes you might also enjoy: Strawberry Cheesecake Ice Cream, Strawberry Crunch Bars, Glazed Strawberry Lemon Yogurt Cake, Strawberry Rose Ice Cream, & Strawberry Chocolate Chip Cookies.
Strawberry Pretzel Salad Parfaits
- 12-14 fresh strawberries, washed with tops cut off, and diced
- 2 tsp Dixie Crystal's granulated sugar
- 1 1/2 cups mini pretzels
- 2 tbsp butter, melted
- scant 1/8 tsp cinnamon
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 2 tbsp Dixie Crystal's light brown sugar
- 1/8 tsp Adam's Extract vanilla extract
- 1/8 tsp Adam's Extract imitation strawberry extract
- Add the strawberries to a bowl. Sprinkle the sugar over top, stirring to coat. Refrigerate the strawberries for 30 minutes. Don't skip this step, the sugar helps them release their natural sugar and juices.
- Pulse the pretzels in a food processor, just until broken into small pieces- but NOT pulverized. We want some crunch and that means some chunks. Add the melted butter and cinnamon, pulsing another time or two- just until evenly combined.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer, whip the cream just until stiff peaks have formed. Don't over mix, or you'll end up with butter instead. Using a whisk, stir in the brown sugar and extracts until evenly combined.
- In your cups, add a layer of the cream mixture, strawberries, then pretzels. Repeat. Top each cup off with a bit of whipped cream, and a slice of strawberry and a pretzel. Serve immediately.
Welcome to the 2nd Annual #SummerDessertWeek event hosted by Angie from Big Bear’s Wife. This sweet week-long event is filled with fun dessert recipes from amazing bloggers and some great giveaways from our generous sponsors! We can’t wait to share all of these summer-themed desserts with y’all and celebrate summertime sweets all week long!
There are 23 wonderful bloggers participating in this year’s event! With over 60 recipes being shared this week we just know that you’re going to find a new summer favorite! Plus, don’t forget that we have 5 (five) great giveaways for you this week too!
Scroll down to take a look!
Prize #1 — Dixie Crystals is giving away one (1) Instant Pot (8 Qt) to one lucky winner!
Prize #2 — Adam’s Extract is giving away – One bottle of Adams Best Vanilla Flavor, Adams Best Prize Winning Pound Cake Mix, Adams Extract Twice as Stong Vanilla and Adams Extract Lemon Extract
Prize #3– Red Star Yeast is giving away a gift pack including an Insulated Tote Bag, Apron, “The New Artisan Bread in Five Minutes a Day” Cookbook, Yeast, Rolling Pin, Measuring Spoons, Oven Mit and Dish Towel
Prize #4 — Susquehanna Glass Co. is giving away one set (4 glasses) of Mermaids Stemless Wine Glasses. (like the Mermaid glasses you’ll see in some of our recipes this week!)
Prize #5 — Lodge Cast Iron is giving away one (1) 12-inch Cast Iron Skillet.
Giveaway open to US Residents 18 years or older. No PO Boxes Please. giveaway runs from July 9th until July 15th at 12AMEST. Winners will be selected soon afterward and contacted by e-mail. Winners will have 48 hours to respond or a new winner will be chosen. There are a total of 5 (five) prizes and therefore we will have a total of 5 (five) winners.
Disclaimer: These posts and recipes are part of the week-long event, #SummerDessertWeek but all opinions are 100% mine! We would like to Thank our amazing sponsors: Dixie Crystals, Adam’s Extract, Red Star Yeast, Susquehanna Glass Co. and Lodge Cast Iron! These wonderful sponsors provided the prize packs for our giveaways and also sent samples and products to the #SummerDessertWeek bloggers to use in their recipes.
Check out the amazing #SummerDessertWeek recipes from our bloggers today!
Ice Cream Recipes:
- Mint Chocolate Chip Ice Cream Bites from Big Bear’s Wife
- No Churn Cinnamon Roll Ice Cream from Pastry Chef Online
- Green Tea Ice Cream from Mildly Meandering
Pies of Summer:
Sweet Summertime Cakes:
- Cinnamon Oatmeal Cake from The Food Hunter’s Guide To Cuisine
- Lemon Chiffon Raspberry Parfait from Desserts Required
- S’mores Mousse Parfaits from Daily Dish Recipes
- Strawberry Pretzel Salad Parfaits from 4 Sons ‘R’ Us
- No-Bake Coconut Cream Pie In A Jar from A Southern Soul
- Strawberry Glazed Donut Bites from Eat Move Make
- Mixed Berry Fruit Pizza from The Bitter Side of Sweet
- Strawberry Cake Donuts from The Beard and The Baker
- Lemon Doberge Squares from Southern From Scratch
- Mini Blueberry Galettes from Me and My Pink Mixer
- Chocolate Churros from My Sweet Zepol
- Key Lime Fudge from The Domestic Kitchen
- Chocolate Strawberry Eclairs from Kudos Kitchen by Renee
- Peanut Butter and Jelly Bars from A Blender Mom
- Sweet Tea Bread Pudding from Sweet ReciPEAs
- Cream Puffs from For the Love of Food