A delicious dinner the kids will love and that will call to the kid in all of us is this big mac pizza recipe. It’s fun and it’s easy, and it brings all the flavors of your favorite fast food burger to the table served on a crisp pizza crust.
Wanna add some ‘wow’ into your family’s next pizza night? Our Big Mac Pizza is sure to do the trick.
The sons could not gt over the fact that it tasted just. like. the sandwich. It’s pretty epic. The whole concept combines two of their most favorite things: fast food & pizza.
And Mom’s actually letting them have both? IN THE SAME NIGHT??
They were on cloud 9, and I’m pretty sure if they’d floated any higher they would’ve floated away.
You don’t have to go super fancy just to change things up a bit. This big mac pizza is a fun twist, but it’s still family friendly, and easy to assemble.
And I’ll let you in on a little secret I discovered during the making of this dish. You wanna get the kids in the kitchen fast?
Want them to actually want to help you fix dinner? WITHOUT complaining?
Put the words ‘big mac’ in the name of whatever you’re having. Problem solved 🙂
If you’ve tried this BIG MAC PIZZA, or any other recipe on the site, let me know in the comment section how it turned out, we love hearing from our readers! You can also follow along with me on PINTEREST, FACEBOOK, and INSTAGRAM to see more amazing recipes and whatever else we’ve got going on!
Big Mac Pizza
- pizza dough homemade, store-bought, or pre made will all work
- Olive oil if you’re using fresh dough
- Thousand Island salad dressing
- 6-8 slices of yellow American cheese
- 1/2 – 3/4 lb. ground beef
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1-2 cups shredded Cheddar cheese
- Shredded lettuce
- grape tomatoes thinly sliced (optional)
- In a medium sized skillet, brown the ground beef. Season the meat with salt and pepper, to taste. Drain the cooked beef and set aside.
- For pizza dough, lightly grease a pizza pan or large cookie sheet. Pat or roll the dough out into pan and lightly drizzle some olive oil over the top of the crust and then bake the crust for 10 minutes. Remove from the oven.
- Top the pizza crust with Thousand Island salad dressing and just like you would with sauce, use a lade or the back of a spoon to evenly spread the dressing out over the crust all the way up to the crusts edges. Top the spread dressing with the American cheese slices, and don’t worry if they don’t completely cover the entire pizza. Top the cheese with the ground beef. Sprinkle the shredded cheddar cheese evenly over top of the beef.
- Bake the pizza at 450 degrees for 10-15 minutes or until golden and bubbly.
- Remove from the oven and allow the pizza to cool slightly, about 2-3 minutes, before cutting it into slices.
- To serve, top the cooled pizza with shredded lettuce, tomato and additional Thousand Island, if desired. Enjoy!