I’ve heard of some pretty crazy pizza ideas. The sons tend to let them go in one ear and out the other. They’re your garden variety, pizza traditionalists. Cheese, and occasionally pepperoni is as far as it goes for them. I ordered a superme pizza for the hubs and I? Cool, but don’t I dare go trying to put anything remotely healthy, especially not vegetables, on their most sacred of treats. Occassionally, we will have a reason to go out for pizza. The hubs and I typically prefer our own or a more traditional Italian pizza. The sons? They could give a rip about quality. Usually we will take them to CiCi’s Pizza where they can pig out to their little hearts content on the all you can eat buffet. It’s like their Mecca, and while on their pilgrimage they’ve always got to get some of their Mac & Cheese pizza. On one of our pizza nights, while prepping dough, I suggested we shake things up a bit. Gotta keep em on their toes. While I didn’t exactly have a recipe for them, I had an idea. This was the result, and they were instantly in love with this weird, hybrid, inter-ingredient brain-child of mine. Your inner child, and your naturally more sophisticated adult self will get together and do the happy dance when you give this a try. Seriously, it’s fun for all ages. And it tastes good, too.
Kids and adults will both love Mac & Cheese Pizza — two of your favorite treats, macaroni and cheese and pizza, rolled into one awesome entree.
Sous Chef Sunday: Mac N Cheese Pizza
If you’ve tried this MAC AND CHEESE PIZZA, or any other recipe on my site, let me know in the comment section how it turned out, we love hearing from our readers! You can also follow along with me on PINTEREST, FACEBOOK, and INSTAGRAM to see more amazing recipes and whatever else we’ve got going on!
*recipe makes TWO pizzas, can be halved to make just one
Other ways to enjoy this pizza:
- You can turn this into a pulled pork pizza- add your favorite sauce with the obvious pulled pork, diced red onion and fresh cilantro leaves.
- You could also add chopped steamed broccoli florets
- Other delicious additions are chopped rotisserie chicken and cooked bacon.
How To Make A Simple Cheese Sauce
If you’d prefer to make a cheese sauce from scratch, or can’t find the single pouches of Velveeta cheese sauce in your grocery store, here’s how.
Add 3-4 slices of American cheese & 1/4 cup of milk to a small pot or skillet.
Stir them together over low heat, just until melted & smooth.
Use this sauce in place of the pouch of Velveeta sauce.
- 1 box velveeta shells & cheese
- 1 4 oz pkg velveeta cheese sauce
- 2 12" pizza crusts
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 1/2 cups shredded cheddar cheese divided
- Prepare the macaroni & cheese according to the package directions.
- Brush both pizza crusts evenly all over with olive oil.
- Divide the cheese sauce between the two crusts, and spread out evenly up to the crust line.
- Divide the prepare macaroni & cheese between the two crusts and spread it out evenly.
- Sprinkle the shredded cheese evenly out over both pizzas.
- Bake at 450° for 7-10 minutes, or until the crust is golden brown. If using homemade dough, you may need to add additional cook time.
- Slice & serve!