A Southwestern style, meat laden pizza- this roadhouse pizza has a nice little kick. It’s perfect for supreme pizza lovers, and a really filling meal.
Have Mercy! (Is it bad that I always think that in Uncle Jesse’s voice?) Just look at this pizza. It’s got all my favorites.
A barbecue sauce base. Double the meat courtesy of both ground beef and bacon. Red onions, sweet bell peppers, diced tomatoes with a little bit of kick from some jalapenos for a perfect Western style veggie medley.
Topped off with a fiesta blend of cheeses. Yes, yes, and yes again.
We love a good family movie night, and they’re never complete without a homemade pizza. Netflix, pizza, and my guys? ‘You got it dude!’
(Can you tell I’m just a lil bit excited for Fuller House to drop on Netflix??)
That’s my kinda night, any night. And this particular pizza pairs perfectly with whatever featured genre we’re all in the mood for.
Rough around the edges, action packed but with an even mix of sweet & spicy, it pretty much sums up my brood as well as our taste in movies and tv.
So whether it’s family friendly we’re going for, or more along the lines of diving in to some action head first and coming up with guns blazing, this roadhouse pizza hits the spot. It’s a real crowd pleaser.
Now, excuse me while I go elbow my way into a spot on my crowded couch.
If you’ve tried this ROADHOUSE PIZZA, or any other recipe on the site, let me know in the comment section how it turned out, we love hearing from our readers! You can also follow along with me on PINTEREST, FACEBOOK, and INSTAGRAM to see more amazing recipes and whatever else we’ve got going on!
- pizza dough
- olive oil
- BBQ sauce to taste
- ½ lb lean ground beef cooked, crumbled and drained
- ½ lb bacon cooked and crumbled
- 2 jalapenos seeded and chopped
- 1 Roma tomato chopped
- 1/2 cup Red onion slices
- 1/3 cup diced sweet bell peppers red, yellow, or orange
- 2 cups Mexican or Fiesta blend shredded cheese
- Prepare the pizza dough according to the recipe/package directions.
- Grease a pizza pan with non-stick cooking spray. Roll the pizza dough out into the prepared pan. Use a fork to prick the surface a few times around the pizza. Drizzle with olive oil and bake the crust at 450 degrees for about 10 minutes. Use a spoon or a spatula to spread the desired amount of sauce out evenly over the crust leaving a 1/2" rim of crust around the edge. Sprinkle half the cheese out evenly over top. Top with the ground beef, bacon, jalapeno, tomato, onion, and peppers. Evenly distribute the remaining cheese out over top. Bake at 450 degrees for 15-17 minutes, or until the pizza crust is golden brown and the cheese is bubbly.
- Let the pizza rest for a minute or two, then slice and serve.