Party bread’s the perfect thing to make the base of a bite sized appetizer. Add a creamy, melted cheese topping & some seasonings to create these irresistible Cheesy Parmesan Rye Cocktail Party Bites.
Appetizers are always all the rage around my house. I mean, they make a great snack supper. Pair a couple together, and BAM! Everyone’s full, with simple effort.
They don’t have to be complicated. Sometimes the simplest recipes are the best.
If only it were that simple when I sent the Hubs to the grocery store. Even with list in hand, he can’t adhere to it. Now granted, he’ll get everything on it- but he’s guaranteed to get a few extras. Some tasty tidbits that have caught his eye.
I’ve also taught him the value of shopping the clearance aisle. We have a deep freezer, and bakeries constantly put bread on sale. It freezes well, especially when destined to go in a dish at some point. He knows this, I’ve ingrained it into his brain.
Then one day he came home with a teeny, tiny loaf of cocktail rye bread. What in the heck was I supposed to do with this?
I mean it was less than a dollar, but still. What was I gonna do with it?
So it sat in the freezer for a few Saturdays, until I decided what to do. Add a cheesy topping and anything’s golden, right?
Cheese is always life. In moments these Cheesy Parmesan Rye Cocktail Party Bites were born.
These easy party bites are so quick to throw together, you’d be surprised.
First, line a large baking sheet with parchment paper. Then lay out the sliced bread.
Try to fit as much as you can onto the baking sheet, keeping it in a single layer. Touching is ok, just no overlapping.
Add all of the remaining ingredients to a medium sized mixing bowl. Stir them together until they’re evenly combined.
Spread the topping evenly out over the slices of bread. Sprinkle the smoked paprika & oregano evenly out over the prepped bread.
Let your oven’s broiler heat up, and place the pan under it. Watch it carefully, things can go from cooked to burnt quickly!
Let the party bites cook until the cheese mix is melted, golden brown on top, and slightly ‘puffed’.
Remove the dish from the oven. Transfer the party bites from the baking sheet to a serving platter.
Serve them right away. These delicious bites are best served hot!
Sometimes it’s hard to find a solid appetizer option. Everything seems to have been done before.
Kick it old school with these retro Cheesy Parmesan Rye Cocktail Party Bites. Your guests will congratulate you, and of course- request the recipe!
Other Appetizer Recipes You’ll Enjoy:
- Mini Jalapeno Popper Eggrolls
- Stuffed Roast Beef & Cheddar Hand Pies
- Pull Apart Pretzel Monkey Bread & Honey Mustard Dip
- Fried Olives with Garlic Aioli
- Crispy Oven Baked Green Bean Fries
If you’ve tried these CHEESY PARMESAN RYE COCKTAIL PARTY BITES, or any other recipe on the site, let me know in the comment section how it turned out, we love hearing from our readers! You can also follow along with me on PINTEREST, FACEBOOK, and INSTAGRAM to see more amazing recipes and whatever else we’ve got going on!
Cheesy Parmesan Rye Cocktail Party Bites
- 1 1/2 cups mayonnaise
- 2/3 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 3 tbsp finely minced white onion
- 1/8 tsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 tsp seasoning salt
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp cracked black pepper
- smoked paprika, for garnish
- 1 loaf cocktail rye or cocktail pumpernickel rye bread
- Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper. Lay the slices of cocktail bread evenly out over it, in a single layer.
- Add all of the remaining ingredients, except the oregano, to a medium sized mixing bowl. Stir to evenly combine.
- Spread the topping evenly out over the sliced bread. Sprinkle with smoked paprika, if using.
- Place the pan in the oven, under a hot, broiler and watch the slices carefully. Cook until the cheese is golden brown on top, and the mixture's 'puffed' a bit. Do not leave them unattended as they will go from perfect to burnt quickly.
- Remove the cocktail bites from the oven, and serve warm.