Your favorite wings just met your favorite ooey, gooey Tex Mex treat with these crispy Extra Cheesy Buffalo Chicken Quesadillas. It was destiny, and it is glorious.
Show of hands, how many of you follow us on social media? If you do, then this little tid bit wont come as any surprise to you. BUT, if you don’t– then we have some really exciting news to announce.
We’ve just rolled out recipe video on Facebook. Only one so far, but more are already in the works and coming soon.
I’m sure you’ve seen the ‘Tasty’ and ‘Delish’ style videos where in about 30-60 seconds an entire recipe is made in front of your eyes, usually to a catchy little sound bite. They’re wildly popular and they’re pretty much the next gen of growth for readership.
We love them because in just a short time you get more than just still, perfectly scripted images of pristine finished dishes. You get to see the real deal. Start to finish, everything that goes into a recipe and everything involved.
Before you invest any time or energy you already know what you’re getting into, if it’s for you, and what you’re looking forward to getting out of it.
Otherwise, you can sign up for our email list (the sign up box is in the right hand scrolling side bar) and receive new posts- with recipes, pictures, and video- delivered directly to your inbox. Super convenient, and it guarantees you never miss a thing.
For a look at our first drool-worthy video, check out Aunt Gert’s Sweet Macaroni Salad and find out her secret for picture perfect pasta that begs to brought to picnics, potlucks, and barbecues.
Ok, now that we shared that exciting news with y’all– we can dig into today’s tasty treat. Extra Cheesy Buffalo Chicken Quesadillas.
If you’re still in the dark place that I was circa 2012 when I thought a quesadilla was only a buttered, crisp tortilla sandwiching a perfectly melted layer of cheddar cheese– welcome to the light my friends. It’s 2017, and in this beautiful golden age, the quesadilla can be virtually anything you want it to be.
Every bite is texture heaven. A buttery, crunchy, toasted is stuffed with two layers of melted cheese, cheddar and mozzarella. Hidden in the center is a magical pocket of buffalo chicken. Dip it in ranch dressing, or extra buffalo sauce, for the ultimate buffalo chicken lovers dream quesadilla.
Bold buffalo chicken wing flavor, two different types of ooey, gooey cheeses are stuffed into these irresistible Extra Cheesy Buffalo Chicken Quesadillas. Trust me, you want to make a batch of these bad boys to-day.
Extra Cheesy Buffalo Chicken Quesadillas
- 1 lb boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cooked and then either diced or shredded
- salt & pepper, to taste
- 1/4 cup buffalo sauce
- 4 large flour tortillas
- 4 tbsp butter, softened
- 1 1/2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- 4 tbsp ranch dressing
- In a medium-large mixing bowl, toss the chicken with the buffalo sauce to evenly coat. Season with salt and pepper, to taste.
- In a separate mixing bowl, add the cheeses and toss until evenly combined.
- Heat a large skillet over medium heat. Just before you're ready to cook your quesadilla, spray the skillet with a tiny bit of nonstick cooking spray.
- Working with one tortilla at a time, spread the outside of each evenly with a tablespoon of butter. Place a tortilla in the skillet and, working quickly, sprinkle about an 1/8 of the cheese evenly out over half of the quesadillas. Spread about 1/4 of the chicken mixture out over top of that half. Drizzle a tablespoon of ranch over top of the chicken, sprinkle another 1/8 cup of cheese evenly out over the top, and fold the quesadilla in half to 'close'.
- Cook the quesadilla until golden and crispy on that side, about 2-3 minutes, but watching carefully. You can use a spatula to gently press down on the quesadilla, if you'd like it on the thicker, more uniform side, while cooking. Use two spatulas to carefully keep it closed and flip it to the other side to continue cooking, until that side's also golden and crispy.
- Remove the cooked quesadilla to a cutting board to rest, and repeat with the remaining ingredients.
- Use a sharp pizza cutter to into 3-4 wedges/slices, and serve with additional ranch dressing or buffalo sauce, as desired.
Other Quesadillas You Might Enjoy: