A new spin on the classic pasta dinner, this Cheesy Mexican Chicken Spaghetti is a creamy pasta casserole with a Tex Mex spin, and a delicious, melty cheddar cheese topping.
My kids love spaghetti.
Seriously, I have four spaghetti monsters.
It’s a great quick, easy meal when we have a busy evening of activities ahead. Also perfect for those times when I just don’t feel like spending all day in the kitchen.
They happen more often than I’d like to admit too.
It’s also perfect for the evenings when my boys have dinner duty.
I’m one of those mean, old school Moms whose kids love to hate her because they have these little old things called chores. One of which includes cooking dinner once a week. They can hate me now, they’re future wives will thank me.
And I do try to look out for them by providing easy options- like this Cheesy Mexican Chicken Spaghetti.
That being said, as I’ve mentioned before, I love finding new ways to re-do our traditional favorites.
This spaghetti offered all the ease of a traditional version, but with a nice Mexican feel and a little ‘kick’.
Everybody, including my husband (the pickiest of the bunch) came back for seconds.
My husband may, or may not, have had three helpings.
Thin spaghetti is cooked until al dente, drained, and rinsed under cold water to stop the cooking process. It’s then tossed in a creamy sauce of cream of soups, sour cream, with a little kick from Rotel tomatoes with green chilies.
Studded with chunks of savory rotisserie it’s sprinkled with a generous helping of shredded cheese, and baked to bubbly perfection- making it an ideal casserole dinner.
Get your family in on the action with this easy recipe for Cheesy Mexican Chicken Spaghetti. Served with a simple side salad, it’s an easy meal the whole crew can make and enjoy, together.
Cheesy Mexican Chicken Spaghetti
- 8 oz thin spaghetti pasta
- 2 cups cooked chicken chopped
- 1 can cream of mushroom soup
- 1 can cream of chicken soup
- 1 10 oz can of diced tomatoes and green chiles undrained
- 1 cup sour cream or greek yogurt
- 1 cups shredded cheddar or Mexican blend, cheese
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Boil pasta according to package directions. Drain.
- In a large bowl mix together the chicken, soups, tomatoes, and sour cream, stirring until evenly combined.
- Add in the cooked and drained pasta, stirring until evenly combined.
- Transfer to a 9x13 baking dish.
- Cover with foil and bake for 30 minutes, or until hot and bubbly.
- Sprinkle with cheese and return to the oven, uncovered, until melted.