As if a classic case of the Mondays wasn’t hard enough to to beat already, it’s also rainy. And it’s supposed to be rainy for most of the week. Talk about a lack-luster start to the week. But I’m not letting that stop me from bringing you this snack recipe.
I know, I know, such dedication. I mean it, I’m putting off my nap for it ;) I kid, kinda.
These are everything you love about jalapeño poppers, but cleverly tucked into a mini fried egg roll shell. Talk about having a surprise hidden inside!
They’re creamy, they’re cheesy, bacony, and spicy with just the right amount of crunch. These are great party appetizers, and they’re also great grub for game day.
Crispy Jalapeno Popper Egg Rolls
8 oz cream cheese, softened
1 cup of shredded sharp cheddar cheese
1-2 jalapeño peppers, seeded and diced
1/2 tsp garlic powder
2 green onions, finely sliced
1 package wonton wrappers
canola oil, for frying
- In a large skillet or medium-large pot, heat the oil to 350 degrees.
2. Stir together the cream cheese, cheddar, jalapeño peppers, garlic powder and green onions until evenly combined.
3. Place each wonton wrapper diagonally (like a diamond) and add 1 tablespoon of filling. Brush a little bit of water on the edge of the wrapper and fold in half pinching to seal. Fold the sides in and roll the egg roll ensuring it is completely sealed.
4. Drop each egg roll into the hot oil for about 3 minutes, or until brown and crispy.
5. Remove the fried eggrolls to paper towels to drain. Let them rest about 5 minutes before serving.
recipe adapted from Spend With Pennies