A creamy Chicken Florentine and Farfalle pasta dish is the ultimate Italian American comfort food. Lunch, dinner, no matter what this dish- featuring chopped rotisserie chicken, fresh baby spinach, and tangy Parmesan- is made to be something quick & easy that’s sure to satisfy anyone.
For a little over two weeks the sons and the hubs and I were kicked back to the stone age while our internet was down and out.
I know you’re probably thinking, and for a minute there so was I, what was I going to do without Pinterest and it’s abundance of delicious recipes to help me plan my meals?
Ok, ok, not really but I wasn’t overly enthusiastic or anything about going off the grid for a couple of weeks.
I mean I can’t keep all this awesomeness up all on my own all the time now can I?
Well yes, I can, but then I start to feel like my life is as unorganized as the $5 bin at Walmart.
So Internet, yeah, big help. Still, we didn’t let something like the lack thereof keep us out of the kitchen
Instead of habitually outsourcing ideas, we went back to the old days.
We dug out and dusted off the family recipe box and got busy.
And guess what?
No internet meant no Netflix, and no online gaming.
No teenagers trying to hide out in their little mini-man caves texting all afternoon.
SO, not only did we rediscover some old favorites, I had lots of willing little helpers each day.
And believe it or not (Sons 1 and 2 may have even been a little surprised themselves) they had fun.
So on our first day back, we’re still going to keep it pretty simple.
Here’s an oldie, but a goodie from our recipe box to yours: Chicken Florentine and Farfalle.
Looking for a vegetarian version? Swap mushrooms for the meat! Seriously, this Chicken Florentine and Farfalle version is soooo forgiving: all you have is spaghetti noodles? Throw em in the pot. See? Flexible.
Other Tasty Pasta Centric Dishes To Try & Enjoy:
- Three Cheese Chicken & Rotini Pasta Casserole
- Creamy Cheesy Riggis Pasta with Ham
- Italian Wedding Soup Pasta Skillet
If you’ve tried this CHICKEN FLORENTINE AND FARFALLE, or any other recipe on the site, let me know in the comment section how it turned out, we love hearing from our readers! You can also follow along with me on PINTEREST, FACEBOOK, and INSTAGRAM to see more amazing recipes and whatever else we’ve got going on!
Chicken Florentine And Farfalle
- 3-4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 lb box of Farfalle pasta
- olive oil
- 1 bunch of fresh spinach or 1 box of chopped frozen spinach, thawed and all excess water drained
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1 small onion diced
- 4-5 oz cream cheese
- salt & pepper to taste
- 1 jar of Alfredo sauce
- Parmesan cheese
- Season chicken with salt and pepper. For the best taste, grill the chicken, then chop it up and set it aside. The chicken can also be pan cooked and then chopped if you prefer.
- Prepare the pasta according to the package directions. Drain, and set aside.
- In a large skillet add in 1-2 tbsp of olive oil, the garlic, and onions. Saute 3-4 minutes, or until the onions are translucent. Add spinach and allow it to heat through, or until wilted if it's fresh..
- Next, add in the cream cheese and stir in until it's melted and evenly combined. The mixture will be thick and that's OK.
- Add in the alfredo sauce, again stirring to evenly incorporate. Now, add the milk, and tiny bit at a time, until the desired consistency is reached
- Stir the chicken into the sauce, Season with salt and pepper, to taste.
- Add the pasta to the pan and stir it into the sauce until everything's nice and 'saucey', err evenly incorporated! Serve warm with shredded or grated Parmesan cheese on top.
Leave a Comment