Monster cookie pancakes combine the kitchen sink style treats with your favorite breakfast food for a fun treat to start your day! These delicious flapjacks are loaded with candy and cookies and drizzled with a peanut butter syrup for a morning meal perfect for a birthday or a special occasion.
This post may contain affiliate links. As an amazon associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. See my full Disclosure Policy for details.
Monster cookies are a favorite in this household.
Have you ever them?
Now, just so we’re clear- I am not talking about Cookie Monster cookies here.
Nope, I’m talking about the kitchen sink style cookie that gets loaded with oats, candies, chocolate chips and peanut butter.
With all those flavors in one treat what’s not to love?
And why should that killer combo be left for treats only?
This combo just begs to be put into a pancake fit for any special morning like a birthday morning, holiday, or heck even the first day of school.
It’s guaranteed to start your kids’ days off with full bellies and big smiles.
To make this festive breakfast you’ll need:
- Pancake mix– I prefer Funfetti pancake mix in this because of the extra sprinkle factor but you could use plain if you prefer.
- Water– For the pancake batter
- Oats– Avoid steel cuts and go with old fashioned oats.
- Mix ins and toppings– Mini M&Ms and Chips Ahoy cookies work well. You could switch up your candy and cookies to suit your preferences
- Peanut butter syrup ingredients– Creamy peanut butter, condensed milk, water and vanilla extract make a delicious and decadent pancake topping.
How to Make
These loaded pancakes are semihomemade so it keeps them super easy to make.
To do it, mix your pancake mix and water together.
Then, stir in the oats for a thicker batter if desired.
Once the batter is ready, grease a skillet well and heat it to around medium heat.
When the skillet is warm and water dances if sprinkled on it, pour 1/4 of a cup of batter onto your skillet.
Let pancake cook until it begins to bubble, and sprinkle with a few mini M&M’s.
When the bubbles begin to pop, flip the pancake over and cook for another minute or so on the other side to let it brown and then remove from skillet.
Cook 6 to 8 pancakes.
Once you have made your pancakes, stack pancakes on top of each other, adding mini M&M’s and Chip Ahoy Cookie crumbs between each.
Now you can put together the peanut butter syrup.
To do it, microwave your peanut butter and condensed milk in a microwave safe container until the peanut butter melts. This only takes 30 seconds or so.
When the peanut butter has melted, remove the mixture from the microwave and stir in the vanilla and water.
Pour the peanut butter syrup hot over pancakes.
Sprinkle top with more M&M’s and cookie crumbs.
Serve and enjoy!
How do I know when to flip my pancakes?
You’ll know when to flip your pancakes because the center of the pancakes will start to slowly bubble and those bubbles will pop.
The second side generally cooks a bit quicker than the first side and you’ll know it’s ready to remove from the heat when your spatula slides easily and cleanly underneath.
How do I know how hot to make my skillet?
You want the skillet to be at just the right temperature. I like to let it heat over medium for a few minutes to get it warm but not too high. Then I test it by dropping a little water on it. Your skillet will be the perfect temperature if the water dances.
If the water immediately sizzles, the skillet is too hot. Turn your heat down prior to cooking. If the water doesn’t do anything, then turn your heat up prior to cooking.
Tips and Tricks
- Feel free to switch up your toppings. Chopped peanut butter cups and Oreos would also be delicious additions.
- For an over the top treat, serve this with a dollop of whipped cream and some extra sprinkles right on top.
- Want a little more chocolate? Drop a few chocolate chips into the batter when you add the M&Ms.
Other Pancake Recipes You’ll Love
These monster cookie pancakes show up on our breakfast table for birthdays and special occasions. Make them for your kids the next time you are celebrating something and enjoy!
Looking for other pancake recipes? Try these:
- Pineapple Upside Down Pancakes
- Cinnamon Toast Crunch Pancakes
- Red Velvet Pancakes with Cream Cheese Glaze
- Churro Pancakes with Chocolate Sauce
- Banana Pancakes with Peanut Butter Syrup
- Strawberry Shortcake Pancakes
If you’ve tried these MONSTER COOKIE PANCAKES or any other recipe on the site, let me know in the comment section how it turned out, we love hearing from our readers! You can also follow along with me on PINTEREST, FACEBOOK, and INSTAGRAM to see more amazing recipes and whatever else we’ve got going on!
Monster Cookie Pancakes
- 1 cup of Funfetti Pancake Mix or Plain
- 3/4 cup water
- 1/4 cup oats
- Mini M&Ms
- Chips Ahoy Cookies
- 1 cup creamy Peanut Butter
- 1 can Condensed Milk
- 1/2 cup Water
- 2 tsp Vanilla extract
- Start by mixing your pancake mix and water together. If you want your batter thicker, add in the oats.
- Grease a skillet well, and pour 1/4 of a cup of batter onto your skillet.
- Let pancake bubble, and sprinkle with a few mini M&M's.
- When browned on one side, flip.
- Allow to brown on the other side and remove from skillet.
- Cook 6 to 8 pancakes.
- Stack pancakes, adding mini M&M's and Chip Ahoy Cookie crumbs between each pancake.
- Melt together in the microwave your peanut butter and condensed milk.
- Add in vanilla and water and mix well.
- Pour hot over pancakes.
- Sprinkle top with more M&M's and cookie crumbs.
- Serve and enjoy!
This post may contain affiliate links. As an amazon associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. See my full Disclosure Policy for details. As always, all opinions are my own.