What do you slow cooker, a simple rich seasoning mix, cheddar cheese, bacon, & chicken have in common? These Crockpot Crack Chicken Sandwiches. You can’t go wrong. Thrown together in the crockpot, this sandwich spread is simply addictive.
I try to follow the news and stay abreast of current events, and there’s currently articles circulating everywhere on the web over the recent results of a scientific study that found cheese (yes, you read that right, plain old cheese) to be as addictive as hard drugs.
Basically, cheese is crack.
This explains so much.
And it makes me feel much better about posting a recipe with the word ‘crack’ in the title.
Basically, in the foodie world the term ‘crack’ has become synonymous with any combination of cheddar cheese, bacon, and ranch seasoning combined into a chicken-centric dish.
A quick internet search of ‘crack chicken; recipes’ will yield a bunch of delicious results.
At least for the savory side of this trend.
Don’t go through the hassle of searching ‘crack’ style desserts, at least not yet.
That’s a whole nother rabbit hole, and not one I recommend jumping down until you have a whole night on your hands to search, save, and Pinterest all the things.
Ok, so back to the main dish at hand- these Crockpot Crack Chicken Sandwiches.
So good, and so yummy.
I adore them for that, and also for the way they require virtually no work on my part.
I throw all the ingredients in the crockpot, it does all the cooking, and it doesn’t heat up my house.
That kind of tried & true set it, forget it recipe is perfect for so many occasions.
Game days, parties, potlucks, weeknight dinners- any time I need a hearty meal, but don’t have time to stand over the stove for hours.
Slow cooked options are a must have, especially easy ones.
These crack chicken sandwiches are just that.
An easy option, slow cooked, and with a ton of flavor packed into every bite. All that, with a surprisingly simple ingredient list.
Ingredients Needed For Crockpot Crack Chicken Sandwiches:
- chicken breasts
- cream cheese
- ranch seasoning mix
- cheddar cheese
Not a huge cast of characters, only five in all. But don’t let their small number fool you.
These guys come together, combine, and cook up into a delectable pulled chicken sandwich mix.
How To Make Crockpot Crack Chicken Sandwiches, Step By Step:
- Add the chicken, ranch seasoning, and cream cheese to the bowl of the slow cooker.
- Cook the chicken on low heat for 6-8 hours, or high for 3-4.
- Remove the chicken from the slow cooker. Transfer it to cutting board and use two forks to shred it.
- Stir the shredded chicken back into the crockpot until the mixture’s evenly combined.
- Stir in the bacon and cheese, until evenly combined & the cheese’s melted.
- Spread the warm ‘crack’ chicken mixture onto bread of your choice.
It really is easy.
Makes it all the more amazing that such simple flavors from common ingredients combine into something so sinfully addictive.
So good, so much can’t stop going back for more, so many seconds had- that ‘crack’ became a synonym for the flavor combination.
That’s intense. It’s also a serious stamp of foodie approval.
Bacon, cheddar, ranch, and chicken all mixed and melded together with a little help from some cream cheese served warm on a fresh, toasted bun.
Now that sounds like a problem I wouldn’t mind having. Once in awhile at least.
TIPS & TRICKS:
- I recommend using chicken breasts, as instructed, but chicken thighs will also work. Use a pair of kitchen sheers to trim all the excess fat off before adding them to the bowl of the crockpot.
- Don’t have ranch seasoning mix on hand? Omit it from the initial steps. When you’re stirring everything together with the shredded chicken add 1/2-3/4 cup ranch dressing. Stir until it’s evenly incorporated.
- While this recipe is intended as a sandwich spread, we’ve also served it with thick crackers as a dip. We’ve also incorporated it into grilled cheese sandwiches & quesadillas.
- Didn’t use it all? No worries, sealed in an air tight container the leftovers will stay good for 5 days in the refrigerator.
This sandwich spread is addictively delicious, both in its simplicity to throw together, and in the few (but mighty) flavors it brings together. It’s one of the sons’ favorite things to pile high on fluffy buns.
They also enjoy it over buttered noodles.
There’s really no wrong way to make it or enjoy it, we’ve even served it as a dip with thick crackers.
Other Ways to Enjoy The Classic Cheddar Bacon Ranch Combination:
- Cheddar Bacon Ranch Pierogi Bake
- Cheddar Bacon Ranch Dip
- Cheddar Bacon Ranch Quiche
- Cheddar Bacon Ranch Pull Apart Bread
When you’re not sure what to serve, these crockpot crack chicken sandwiches are always a great thing to have on standby. Luckily, these things are easy enough for a chef of any level. Follow the directions, and dig in! That’s my kinda no-brainer recipe, especially when the busy season hits.
If you’ve tried this CROCKPOT CRACK CHICKEN SANDWICHES, or any other recipe on the site, let me know in the comment section how it turned out, we love hearing from our readers! You can also follow along with me on PINTEREST, FACEBOOK, and INSTAGRAM to see more amazing recipes and whatever else we’ve got going on!
Crockpot Crack Chicken Sandwiches
- 2 lbs boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 2 8 oz blocks cream cheese
- 2 packets dry Ranch seasoning
- 8 oz bacon cooked crisply and crumbled
- 1/2 - 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese + more for sandwiches if desired
- Add the chicken, cream cheese, and Ranch seasoning to the bowl of your crockpot or slow cooker.
- Cook it on low for 6-8 hours or on high for 4 hours. Then shred the cooked chicken, the easy way or by removing it to a plate and pulling it apart with two forks.
- Return the shredded chicken to the crockpot and use a large spoon or a sturdy spatula to stir until the mixture is evenly combined.
- Add in the cheese and bacon, stirring until the cheese is melted and everything's mixed well.
- Serve the 'crack' chicken warm on hamburger buns or sandwich bread, toasted or plain, topped with a sprinkle of shredded cheese (optional).