Sweet and spicy chili pineapple grilled chicken is the easiest dinner ever! With only 4 ingredients, a quick prep and cook time, and tons of flavor, you’ll be putting this on your regular dinner rotation!
This post may contain affiliate links. As an amazon associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. See my full Disclosure Policy for details.
It’s no secret how much I love easy dinners.
That is true times a million in the summer.
I mean, there are so many better things to do when the weather is gorgeous than cook a complicated meal, right?
Right. Glad you agree.
This pineapple grilled chicken is quite possibly the easiest of all the easy things to make.
It needs only 4 ingredients, absolutely no cutting and cooks up so fast on the grill.
Because it’s so fast, it’s perfect for even the busiest weeknight but delicious enough for any time.
You only need a few things to make this meal:
- Chicken– I prefer boneless skinless chicken breasts. Just trim any fat and cut them in half.
- Thai Sweet Chili Sauce – There are several kinds of chili sauce available. Make sure to choose the Thai style sweet chili sauce.
- Pineapple juice– Use whatever kind of pineapple juice you like.
- Honey– For a little extra sweet and sticky action and a hint of floral flavor.
How to Make
This chicken is effortless to throw together.
To make it, start by adding the chili sauce, pineapple juice and honey to a mixing bowl and whisking them together.
Then add the prepared chicken breasts to the bowl with the marinade and gently toss them in the mixture to coat.
Cover the bowl and put it in the refrigerator for at least 4 hours but up to overnight.
Use tongs to transfer the chicken to a hot grill and cook until done, about 5 minutes per side or until a meat thermometer inserted into the thickest part of the breast reads 165.
Brush the chicken with extra marinade and grill a minute more on each side.
Then, transfer the cooked chicken to a waiting plate, serve and enjoy!
This chicken is delicious with a side of cooked rice and chopped pineapple.
It would also make for a yummy protein addition to an Asian inspired salad.
Or, you could serve it with your favorite barbecue sides from pasta salad to coleslaw.
Tips and Tricks
- Don’t have a grill? You can absolutely cook these in an oven-safe skillet. In a hot skillet on the stove, sear the chicken for 3 minutes per side. This will lock in the juices and flavor. Transfer the skillet to the oven, heated to 400 degrees, and cook for roughly 15 minutes or until a meat thermometer inserted in the thickest part of the breast reads 165 degrees.
- Bone in, or boneless pork chops make a great alternative
- Leftovers are great! They will save for up to 3 days in the fridge. The kids like them in sandwiches, chopped up as meat for tacos, and even on a bed of lettuce with your favorite fixings & dressing for a filling salad.
Other Easy Grilled Chicken Recipes
Sweet and spicy chili pineapple grilled chicken is a winner any time you want a flavor packed meal fast.
Try it the next time you grill and enjoy!
Looking for other easy grilled chicken recipes?
- Grilled Teriyaki Chicken Breasts
- Bacon Wrapped Smoked Chicken Breasts
- Grilled Tandoori Chicken Burgers
- Smoked Cajun Honey Chicken Breasts
If you’ve tried this SWEET AND SPICY CHILI PINEAPPLE GRILLED CHICKEN, or any other recipe on the site, let me know in the comment section how it turned out, we love hearing from our readers! You can also follow along with me on PINTEREST, FACEBOOK, and INSTAGRAM to see more amazing recipes and whatever else we’ve got going on!
Sweet & Spicy Chili Pineapple Grilled Chicken
- 2 lbs chicken breast trimmed of fat and halved
- 1 cup Thai sweet chili sauce
- 1/4 cup pineapple juice
- 1/4 cup honey
- Add the chili sauce, pineapple juice, and honey to a mixing bowl. Whisk together until evenly incorporated.
- Add the prepared chicken breasts and gently toss them in the marinade mixture to coat.
- Cover the bowl, and refrigerate the marinating chicken at least four hours, or up to overnight.
- Using tongs, transfer the chicken to the grill and cook until done- roughly 5 minutes per side.
- Brush the chicken with extra marinade and grill a minute more, per side.
- Transfer the cooked, grilled chicken to a waiting platter and serve immediately.
recipe adapted from Plain Chicken
This post may contain affiliate links. As an amazon associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. See my full Disclosure Policy for details. As always, all opinions are my own.