Hot ham and Swiss dip is a delicious appetizer recipe perfect for entertaining. This ham and cheese dip is a creamy dip version of the classic ham and cheese sandwich combo that all your guests will go crazy over. Make this hot cheese dip today!
All those things are delicious of course, but let’s not forget the appetizers!
If your guests are anything like mine, then they show up for the holiday meal having skipped breakfast and totally starving trying to hold out for the main course. That’s where this hot ham and Swiss dip comes in!
Hot Ham and Swiss Dip – The Cheesy Dip You Need!
This hot ham and Swiss dip is the mvp of the holiday appetizer world. This easy dip recipe is super delicious with its cheesy base and classic flavors.
Plus you don’t need to dirty a bunch of dishes to make it and you can just serve it up with some crackers or a sliced baguette. So easy!
And that’s exactly the kind of appetizer you need during this busy season of entertaining.
How to Make Hot Ham and Cheese Dip
Making this hot ham and Swiss dip is a snap. You just need a mixing bowl, baking dish, and some really basic ingredients that you might even have in your kitchen right now.
To make this scrumptious warm cheese dip, add 1 cup of your Swiss cheese, half of your cheddar cheese, your softened cream cheese, spices, mustard, and diced ham to a bowl. Then just mix everything so that it’s well combined.
To finish the prep you just need to transfer the cheesy mixture to an oven safe baking dish and top with the remaining cheese. Then you bake it at 350 until the cheese is hot and bubbly.
That’s it! Almost no fuss!
What to Serve with Hot Ham and Swiss Dip
I like serving this dip with slices of baguette or sturdy crackers. But you could also put out other dippers so you have extra variety. It would also be delicious with:
- pita bread
- tortilla chips
- veggie sticks
The sky’s the limit.
Rich & creamy, this hot ham and Swiss dip is cozy comfort food on a cracker, or whatever you choose to dip in it. It’s a perfect appetizer, snack, or even a late night indulgent supper shared with someone special. Add a glass or two of wine, and it’s got date night dinner in written all over it!
Other Hot Dips You Might Enjoy
While this ham and cheese dip is the top of my hot dip list, here are some other delicious warm dips you might like:
If you’ve tried this HOT HAM AND SWISS DIP, or any other recipe on my site, let me know in the comment section how it turned out, we love hearing from our readers! You can also follow along with me on PINTEREST, FACEBOOK, and INSTAGRAM to see more amazing recipes and whatever else we’ve got going on!
Hot Ham And Swiss Dip
- 1 1/2 cups shredded Swiss cheese
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 8 oz block cream cheese softened
- 1 1/2 cups diced ham
- 2 tsp Dijon mustard
- pinch cayenne pepper optional
- To a large mixing bowl, add 1 cup of the shredded Swiss cheese, 1/4 cup of the shredded cheddar, the softened cream cheese, ham, mustard, and cayenne pepper (if using). Mix everything together until evenly combined.
- Transfer the mixture to an oven safe baking dish.
- Sprinkle the rest of the shredded cheeses evenly out over top of the dip.
- Bake the ham and Swiss dip at 350 degrees for 20-25 minutes, or until hot & bubbly.
- Garnish the dip with chives or thinly sliced green onions, and serve with crackers or thinly sliced baguette bread.