Skip the takeout menu, and still enjoy the flavors of your favorite to go dish without the wait. Served with homemade ‘chips’, this Crab Rangoon Dip with Wonton Chips is an easy, creamy dip that tastes just like your favorite Asian appetizer.
No takeout order would be complete without a side of our favorite Chinese appetizer, Crab Rangoon.
But I’m not always feeling fancy enough to spend the time to stuff and fold and seal an actual batch of them.
So obviously it really helps when I can scratch that itch by whipping up those same tastes into an easy, creamy, crabby dip instead.
Love a good hot crab dip? Well your mom’s hot crab dip recipe needs to move on over and make some room in the old recipe binder.
Here’s the NEW ‘hot crab’ dip of 2015.
And in case that wasn’t enough, just to up the ante, and to pay homage to the appetizer we love so much, we had the genius idea to pair this Crab Rangoon Dip with wonton ‘chips’ instead of just a plain freshly sliced baguette.
But, if good bread is all you’ve got then by all means– tear off a hunk and dig, or is it dip?, right on in!
Crab Rangoon Dip With Wonton Chips
For The Dip
- 8 oz cream cheese softened
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1/4 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- 2 cans 6 oz crab meat, drained, or the equivalent of imitation crab meat
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese divided
- 1 clove garlic minced
- ½ tsp freshly ground black pepper
For The Chips
- one pkg wonton wrappers
- cooking spray
- Cut the wonton wrappers in half diagonally, and then cut again so you have 4 triangles from each wrapper. Spray with cooking spray and spread chips on a pan.
- Bake at 350 degrees 7-8 minutes or until brown and crispy, set aside.
- Combine all dip ingredients in a casserole dish reserving ½ cup mozzarella cheese for topping.
- Top with remaining cheese. Bake, again at 350 degrees, for 25 minutes or until hot and bubbly. Serve with the Wonton chips.
Other dips you might enjoy: