Cuban ham salad will be your favorite homemade deli salad if you love the flavors of a Cuban sandwich. Make this creamy ham and cheese salad ahead of time for easy lunches and picnics.
Ham and cheese is one of those classic combos that everyone in my house just adores.
And what’s not to love about salty ham and the nutty Swiss combo?
Nothing, except I like to jazz it up a little and make Cuban sandwiches.
What is a Cuban Sandwich?
Have you ever had a Cuban sandwich? They are so good.
Cuban sandwiches are a popular ham and cheese variation in Florida.
A Cuban sandwich normally has Cuban bread, ham,Swiss cheese, pickles, and grainy mustard. Sometimes you’ll find other ingredients like pork or mayo.
My Cuban ham salad takes those flavors and puts them into a delicious deli salad you will absolutely love.
How to Make Cuban Ham Salad
Ham Salad Tricks and Tips
Making this Cuban ham salad is so easy.
Follow these tips and tricks to make sure your Cuban ham salad is a lunch time showstopper each time you make it.
- Make sure to use a package of cubed ham and not the ham you’d buy at the deli counter. You could also use ham leftovers from dinner.
- For best results, dice a block of Swiss cheese to make similarly sized cubes to the ham. Avoid the deli sliced Swiss.
- If you make it ahead of time, be sure to store it an covered container in the fridge and give it a good stir before serving.
- While this makes delicious sandwiches, you could also serve it in wraps or even on top of salad greens.
Other Deli Salad Sandwich Ideas You Might Love
This Cuban ham salad is a family lunch favorite. Make it today and enjoy this tasty twist on a classic ham and cheese.
Looking for other deli salad sandwiches to enjoy? Try these:
Cubano Recipe Ideas- Cuban Sandwich-Styled Options To Try
If you’ve tried this CUBAN HAM SALAD, or any other recipe on my site, let me know in the comment section how it turned out, we love hearing from our readers! You can also follow along with me on PINTEREST, FACEBOOK, and INSTAGRAM to see more amazing recipes and whatever else we’ve got going on!
Cuban Ham Salad
- 1 lb package cubed ham
- 1 8 oz block Swiss cheese cubed
- 1/2 cup crisp dill pickles coarsely chopped
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tsp pickle juice
- 3 tbsp grainy deli mustard
- salt & pepper to taste
- Add the ham, cheese, and pickles to a large mixing bowl. Toss them together.
- In a smaller bowl, whisk together the mayo, mustard, pickle juice, salt and pepper- until smooth.
- Pour the dressing over the ham mixture. Toss until everything's evenly coated.
- Serve immediately, or chill and then toss again before serving.
Leave a Comment