When a craving for these Chicken Bacon Ranch Sub Sandwiches strikes, it’s no big deal because they’re so simple to throw together. With a hearty base of chicken and crisp bacon on a toasted bun, they’re topped with melted cheese, lettuce, onion, tomatoes, and finished off with a rich ranch dressing drizzle. Save this Subway copycat to make at home next time hunger strikes!
$5, $5 foot long …
You know the jingle I’m sure. And it’s a great deal, especially for such a generously proportioned sandwich. And not surprisingly, none of our kids have any trouble (at all!) putting one down in mere minutes. They’re easy, they’re good, and with children who inhale their food, the price is right on point for us.
And like with everything else, everybody has their own favorite meat & cheese combination and it can be pretty hard to swing their votes. Luckily, there’s one version that we can all always agree on.
Chicken Bacon Ranch on toasted bread with perfectly melted cheese. We may not always agree on all the same additional toppings, but that’s neither here nor there and pretty easy to remedy anyway.
Get a loaf of your favorite long bread, baguette, french loaf, Just bread, good, fluffy bread you want to eat. Now picture that bread spread with a layer of your favorite grilled chicken strips, followed by strips of perfectly crisped bacon.
Give it a good turn in a toaster oven, or regular oven if making multiples, with a few slices of your favorite sandwich cheese. Add on lettuce, tomatoes, onions (or insert your own personal favorites here) before finishing off with a generous drizzle of creamy ranch dressing.
That my friends, is a sandwich worth writing home about any day, and most definitely one to have on hand for those hungry, hungry boys. Or for your biggest boys to dig in to at half time on game day.
Chicken Bacon Ranch Sub Sandwiches
- sub sandwich load of bread sliced in half lengthwise
- grilled chicken strips or leftover rotisserie chicken
- several strips of bacon cooked crisp
- 2-3 slices of your favorite sandwich cheese we like American or pepper jack
- your favorite sandwich toppings such as (but not limited to!) lettuce, tomatoes, onions, sliced pickles
- salt & pepper to taste
- ranch dressing
- On the bottom half of your sub roll, place several chicken strips in an even layer. Top them with a few strips of the cooked bacon, creating a thin layer that covers the chicken. Place your sliced cheese over top the bacon. Carefully transfer the sandwich to a baking sheet and place under the broiler, just until the cheese is melted and the bread lightly toasted.
- Top the cheese with your favorite sandwich toppings. Ours are what's listed in the ingredient section, but there are so many other possibilities as well. After 'dressing' your sandwich, sprinkle it with salt and pepper to taste.
- Liberally drizzle the sub with ranch dressing, top with the other, bare half of bread, and enjoy.