Whether you’re in it to win it with your favorite team, or looking to wow your Holiday guests this season- these Cuban Style Sliders are the perfect finger food to have on hand. Sweet Hawaiian rolls, layers of deli ham, melted Swiss, and crisp dill pickles, are sandwiched in between toasted buns spread with a buttery mustard onion spread. It’s the perfect appetizer, or lunch, for a crowd.
Potlucks and parties seem to have two disctinct seasons in my neck of the woods.
Summer & Football/Holiday.
And the two really don’t criss cross when it comes to types of food brought/offered. Well, there may be an exception with burgers and mac & cheese. But I will always, always make an exception for mac & cheese.
Another thing I will always make an exception for? Sliders.
They’re perfect for just this sort of thing.
Simple recipes, made and baked all in one dish, and grab and go with the finished product.
It’s finger food at it’s finest!
I’ve got to say too, that it doesn’t really get any finer, or yummier, than with these Cuban Style Sliders.
Perfect for any occasion, these Cuban Style Sliders are quick & easy to make, bake, and enjoy. Seriously, assembly is a snap and doesn’t require any actual cooking.
Covered with a simple finishing sauce, they’re baked to golden brown perfection in no time. Less time spent by you in the kitchen, more time catching up with guests and simply getting to enjoy having company.
Small Hawaiian rolls are piled high with thinly sliced deli ham, a layer of melted cheesy Swiss cheese, and crisp dill pickles. These miniature sandwiches are slathered with a buttery onion Dijon spread before being baked to golden brown perfection.
It’s like a little bit of kitchen magic in every bite. No one would ever guess they were so easy to whip up, with such a simple, sheer genius combination of flavors.
Cuban Style Sliders
- 24 count pkg Hawaiian sweet rolls
- 1/2 lb thinly sliced ham
- 8 slices Swiss cheese
- crisp dill pickle slices
For The Dijon Onion Butter Spread
- 2 tbsp dried minced onion
- 1 stick melted butter
- 2 tbsp Dijon mustard
- Lightly spray a 9x13" baking dish with non stick cooking spray.
- Using a serrated knife, cut the rolls in half. Remove the top, set aside, and place the bottom of the rolls in the dish. Layer the meat, cheese, and pickles evenly out over top. Place the top of the rolls back on.
To Make The Dijon Onion Butter Spread
- In a small mixing bowl, whisk together the mustard and melted butter. Stir in the onion until evenly combined.
- Pour the mixture evenly out over the top of the sliders. Use the back of a spoon to spread it out slightly, if needed.
- Cover the dish tightly with aluminum foil, and bake at 325 degrees for 15 minutes. Remove the foil and continue baking for another 10 minutes, or until the buns are toasted and golden brown.
- Let the sliders rest for 2-3 minutes. Cut them, serve, and enjoy!