Creamy horseradish deviled eggs are the perfect way to add tons of extra flavor to the classic party appetizer. With a little more kick thanks to the zesty combination of ingredients, these stuffed hardboiled eggs will be a hit anytime you entertain.
This post may contain affiliate links. As an amazon associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. See my full Disclosure Policy for details.
We love serving deviled eggs in our house before any kind of gathering.
But we like to kick things up with some extra flavor because we get bored with the plain ones pretty quick.
This variation spices things up thanks to a healthy tablespoon of pungent, peppery horseradish.
The unexpected boldness complements the creamy yolk filling perfectly, making these an addictive party treat you won’t be able to get enough of.
- Eggs– Hard boil them ahead of time and remove the shells. My favorite way to do this is in the air fryer. You’ll get perfect eggs each time. This is the air fryer I use.
- Mayonnaise– Make sure you are using real mayonnaise here not mayonnaise style dressing or Miracle Whip.
- Horseradish– Use the prepared or pickled version of horseradish.
- Dill– For best results use fresh chopped dill instead of the variety. However, in a pinch feel free to substitute dried dill.
- Mustard– Stone ground mustard adds even more spice to this dish. For a less spicy version, you could use yellow or Dijon mustard.
- Spices– salt and pepper and smoked paprika for garnish
How to Make
To start, make sure your eggs are hardboiled, cooled and peeled ahead of time.
When you are ready to make the deviled eggs, use a sharp knife and cut each egg in half lengthwise.
Then gently remove the yolks and put them in a mixing bowl. Set the egg white shells aside.
Once all the yolks are in a mixing bowl, mash them with a fork.
Then add the remaining ingredients except for the smoked paprika to the bowl and whisk the ingredients together until smooth.
Then either spoon the filling evenly into the egg white shells or fill a piping bag and pipe the filling evenly into the eggs.
Finish by putting the filled eggs onto a serving platter and garnishing with extra dill and smoked paprika.
You can serve them immediately or chill for 15-20 minutes prior to serving.
Can I make these ahead of time?
Yes! You can make the eggs up to two days ahead of time.
If you do this, you may want to keep the whites and yolk mixture separate until just prior to serving.
Make sure to tightly cover both mixtures and store in the fridge.
If you want to make them earlier the same day you are serving them and assemble them, you can.
Just be sure to not garnish the eggs until right before you are ready to serve.
While smoked paprika is a classic garnish for deviled eggs, you can absolutely have some fun with the garnishes and finishing touches!
My favorite garnish to add to these is crisp, crumbled bacon.
- Sprinkle on fresh chives or chopped parsley.
- For extra bite, add a fresh radish slice to each egg.
- A little bit of chopped ham.
Tips and tricks
- If you want an extra creamy filling for your deviled eggs, use a hand mixer or even an immersion blender to get it really smooth
- No piping bag? No problem! A ziplock bag with tip snipped off is easiest way to pipe filling into egg white shells. .
- Want the eggs a touch more mild? Use less horseradish or switch to a mild mustard.
Other Easy Appetizer Recipes
These creamy horseradish deviled eggs are one of my favorite appetizers for gatherings like Easter, Thanksgiving and Christmas.
Make them for your next get together and enjoy.
Looking for other appetizer recipes?
- Hot Ham & Cheese Sliders
- Peach Bourbon Meatballs
- Deviled Egg Bruschetta
- Pigs In A Blanket
- Savory Cheesecake
- Everything Bagel Dip
If you’ve tried this CREAMY HORSERADISH DEVILED EGGS, or any other recipe on my site, let me know in the comment section how it turned out, we love hearing from our readers! You can also follow along with me on PINTEREST, FACEBOOK, and INSTAGRAM to see more amazing recipes and whatever else we’ve got going on!
Creamy Horseradish Deviled Eggs
- 6 hard boiled eggs peeled
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise NOT miracle whip
- 1 tbsp prepared horseradish
- 1/2 tsp chopped dill weed
- 1/2 tsp stone ground mustard
- salt & pepper to taste
- smoked paprika for garnish
- Using a sharp knife, cut each egg in half lengthwise. Gently pop the yolks out and into a waiting mixing bowl. Set the whites aside.
- Mash the yolks with a fork to break them up.
- Add the remaining ingredients, except for the garnish, and whisk together until smooth.
- Spoon, or pipe, the filling evenly out into the egg white shells.
- Transfer the filled deviled eggs to a serving plate, and garnish with extra dill (optional) & smoked paprika.
- Serve immediately, or chill for 15-20 minutes (but no more if garnish has already been applied) and serve.
This post may contain affiliate links. As an amazon associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. See my full Disclosure Policy for details. As always, all opinions are my own.
Leave a Comment