Italian seasoned saltine crackers are an easy homemade cracker hack that elevates the flavor of basic saltines. Infused with butter, salt, and seasonings, these crackers taste great added to your favorite recipes, on a cheese plate, or served on their own.
This post may contain affiliate links. As an amazon associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. See my full Disclosure Policy for details.
I love transforming saltine crackers into a flavorful experience.
These Italian seasoned ones are just one of several of my favorite ways including Air Fryer Taco Seasoned Oyster Crackers to dress up boring crackers and make them into something my family craves.
If you want to impress your family or guests, these crackers are the way to go.
They are perfect on a cheese plate and are almost guaranteed to have your guests asking what brand of cracker they are.
- Salted butter – The salt adds a bit more flavor, but you could use unsalted if that’s all you have.
- Seasonings – You’ll need Italian seasoning, seasoned salt, freshly ground black pepper, and a pinch of garlic powder.
- Saltine crackers – You’ll need one sleeve of full size saltine crackers.
How to make
These seasoned saltines are very easy to make.
Here’s what to do.
To start, melt the butter in a small skillet over medium low heat.
Once it has melted, whisk in the seasonings until evenly incorporated and then remove the skillet from heat.
Next, use a fork or small pair of tongs to dip each cracker into the butter mixture.
Continue the coating process until all the crackers have been used.
When they are all ready, bake the seasoned crackers at 275° for 20 minutes.
Finally, remove the crackers from the oven and let them cool before serving.
Serving and storing
These are seriously jazzed up saltines that improve upon your standard cheese and crackers spread.
They are perfect served with your favorite hard or soft cheeses, pepperoni slices, or any other item you’d put on a cheese and cracker plate.
They are also great to either dip in or crumble over soups.
It’s a great way to top off tomato soup because they add so much flavor.
You could serve them along side a salad or crumble them up and use them as a breadcrumb topping on your favorite recipe.
Of course, you can just serve them as is since the flavor speaks for itself.
If you don’t finish them all in one sitting (I won’t judge if you do), you can store cooled crackers in an airtight container for several days.
You can leave the container on the countertop and store them at room temperature.
Tips and tricks
Follow these simple tips and tricks to make these crackers perfect every time:
- Make sure you store them in an airtight container once they are cool if you don’t plan to eat them right away. Storing them will help preserve their freshness.
- If you like garlic flavor, add a little bit more garlic powder to the mix.
- For a bit of extra flavor, you could sprinkle the tops with Parmesan cheese before baking them.
- Don’t let the cracker sit in the butter for too long. It can get soggy if you let it sit in the butter.
Other easy snack recipes you may like
Italian seasoned saltine crackers are a family favorite.
Make these for an easy snack experience you’ll love.
If you like to add extra flavor to your crackers, you should check out these other cracker flavoring ideas:
If you’ve tried this ITALIAN SEASONED SALTINE CRACKERS or any recipe on my site, let me know in the comment section how it turned out, we love hearing from our readers! You can also follow along with me on PINTEREST, FACEBOOK, and INSTAGRAM to see more amazing recipes and whatever else we’ve got going on!
Italian Seasoned Saltine Crackers
- 1 stick salted butter
- 1 tsp Italian seasoning
- 1/2 tsp seasoned salt
- pinch freshly ground black pepper
- 1 sleeve full size saltine crackers
- pinch garlic powder
- In a small skillet, melt the butter over medium low heat. Once melted, whisk in the seasonings until evenly incorporated. Remove the skillet from heat.
- Using a fork, dip each cracker into the butter mixture, flipping to evenly coat, and then transfer them to a wire cooling rack set over a rimmed baking sheet. Continue until all the crackers have been used.
- Bake the seasoned crackers at 275° for 20 minutes.
- Remove the crackers from the oven, and let them cool before serving.
recipe adapted from Yellow Bliss Road
This post may contain affiliate links. As an amazon associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. See my full Disclosure Policy for details. As always, all opinions are my own.