Peach bourbon meatballs take an ordinary dish and dress it up with a sweet and spicy barbecue blend. The slow cooker makes this recipe an effortless appetizer that’s perfect for any tailgate or even any holiday gathering!
Cocktail meatballs are one of my very favorite appetizers.
They are so easy to make thanks to the slow cooker and taste amazing.
This recipe brings the sweet heat with a barbecue sauce spiced up with peach preserves, spices and bourbon.
How could you go wrong with this irresistible combo?
To make these delicious crockpot appetizer meatballs you need:
- smoky barbecue sauce
- peach preserves
- brown sugar
- chipotle powder
- onion powder
- garlic powder
How to Make
My favorite thing about this recipe aside from its delicious results is just how easy it is to make.
This recipe only takes a couple minutes of active prep and then you set it and forget it until it’s time to serve!
To make it, start by putting the meatball in the bowl of your Crock Pot.
Then put the barbecue sauce, preserves, brown sugar, spices and bourbon in a large bowl and mix them them together.
Pour the mixture over the meatballs and stir everything well to coat the meatballs evenly.
Put the lid on the slow cooker and cook the meatballs on high for 3 to 4 hours or on low for 6-8 hours.
Give the meatballs another stir before serving and taste the sauce to check to see if the bourbon has come through.
If it hasn’t feel free to stir in a bit more bourbon.
Serve them as is or with toothpicks as an appetizer or over rice for a meal.
Store any leftovers in an airtight container in the fridge for 3 to 4 days.
Reheat in the microwave until they are warmed through.
Tips and Tricks
- Use your favorite homemade meatball recipe or feel free to use store bought frozen meatballs if you prefer.
- Not a fan of peach preserves or can’t find them at the store? Apricot preserves or your other favorite preserves would also work.
- Feel free to adjust the spiciness level to your liking by adding additional chipotle powder if you desire.
Other Easy Crock Pot Appetizers
These peach bourbon meatballs are sure to be a crowd pleaser at your next gathering.
Make them and see how fast they get gobbled up!
Looking for other easy crock pot appetizers? Try these:
If you’ve tried these PEACH BOURBON MEATBALLS, or any other recipe on the site, let me know in the comment section how it turned out, we love hearing from our readers! You can also follow along with me on PINTEREST, FACEBOOK, and INSTAGRAM to see more amazing recipes and whatever else we’ve got going on!
Peach Bourbon Meatballs
- 2 lbs meatballs
- 2 cups smoky barbecue sauce
- 1 1/2 cups peach preserves
- 1/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 tsp chipotle powder
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 3 shots bourbon
- Add all of the meatballs to the bowl of your crockpot.
- In a large mixing bowl, add the remaining ingredients. Whisk together until combined.
- Pour the mixture over the meatballs, and then gently stir until all the meatball's are evenly coated.
- Cover and cook the meatballs on high for 3-4 hours, or low for 6-8 hours.
- Stir the meatballs again before serving. Taste, and stir in a bit more bourbon if the taste hasn't come through.
- Serve these meatballs as is, with toothpicks, as an appetizer or over a bed of rice as a meal.