Hot ham and cheese sliders are ooey, gooey, finger-lickin’ good sandwiches full of deliciousness. This fast and easy recipe is perfect for your busiest days and are so good even the leftovers are drool-worthy. Make them today and be prepared to wonder what took you so long to find this amazing slider.
Ham and cheese is a beloved classic.
And really it makes sense.
I think we can all agree that when cheese is involved with any meat, it’s pretty much a wonderful thing.
The yummy combo may be wonderful as is but add in this poppy seed mustard butter onion sauce thing and it’s wow!
The sauce is what really knocks this one out of the park.
The sons and the hubs drool over these sliders.
They even love the leftovers (if there are any the next day, which is rare).
And I love them because not only are they amazing but they are so simple to make so you can have a tasty meal on the table with almost no work.
And everyone is happy!
To make these you’ll need:
For the sandwiches themselves, you’ll need:
- Rolls– I prefer Hawaiian rolls or slider buns but you could use burger buns, Kaiser rolls or any other roll you have on hand.
- Ham– Go for regular ham or honey flavored.
- Cheese– Swiss cheese pairs very well with ham, but if you aren’t a fan of it you could sub out your favorite cheese.
- Mayo– Use real mayonnaise here and not mayonnaise style dressing for the best flavor.
For the sauce you’ll need:
- Poppy seeds– You can generally find poppy seeds in the spice aisle at the grocery store.
- Mustard– Yellow mustard works better than dijon or grain mustard here.
- Butter– Go for unsalted butter and melt it.
- Onion– Any kind of onion you like will work, but make sure you mince it.
- Worcestershire sauce– This adds delicious flavor. Don’t skip it!
How to Make
While you likely won’t have leftovers because everyone will love devouring these delightful cheesy ham sliders, you can store leftovers covered tightly with foil in the fridge for 2 to 3 days.
Reheat in a 350 degree oven until the cheese has melted.
Tips and Tricks
- Don’t have slider rolls? No worries! Use hamburger buns, brioche or kaiser rolls instead.
- You don’t have to use all the sauce but use enough to cover the top of the rolls.
- Make sure to let the sandwiches rest after you pour the sauce on the rolls so the sauce has a chance to seep into the bread prior to baking.
Other Sliders You’ll Love
These hot ham and cheese sliders are a favorite in our house.
Enjoy their gooey goodness for yourself and make them for a quick lunch or dinner any time!
Looking for other slider recipes?
If you’ve tried these HOT HAM AND CHEESE SLIDERS, or any other recipe on my site, let me know in the comment section how it turned out, we love hearing from our readers! You can also follow along with me on PINTEREST, FACEBOOK, and INSTAGRAM to see more amazing recipes and whatever else we’ve got going on!
Hot Ham & Cheese Sliders
- 24 Hawaiian rolls or slider buns
- 24 pieces of ham regular or honey flavored
- 24 slices of Swiss cheese
- 2/3 cup mayonnaise
Poppy Seed Mustard Sauce:
- 1 tbsp poppy seeds
- 1½ tbsp yellow mustard
- ½ cup butter melted
- 1 tbsp minced onion
- ½ tsp Worcestershire sauce
- Spread the mayo onto both sides of the center of each roll. Place a slice of ham and a slice of cheese inside of each roll. Close the rolls and place them close together into a large baking dish, or onto a heavy cookie sheet.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together all of the sauce ingredients until evenly combined. Pour the sauce as evenly as possible overtop all of the sandwiches. If you don’t want to use all of the sauce that’s ok. Just make sure to use enough to cover the tops of the rolls. Let sit 10 minutes or until butter sets slightly. Cover with foil and bake at 350 degrees for 12-15 minutes or until cheese is nice and melted. Uncover and cook for 2 additional minutes or until tops are slightly browned and crisped. Serve warm.
Leave a Comment