Tim Tam slam ice cream is the dessert from Down Under you need in your life today! This no churn ice cream features a coffee base and delicious pieces of malted biscuit cookies filled with a chocolate cream filling.
This post may contain affiliate links. As an amazon associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. See my full Disclosure Policy for details.
Is it even summer without enjoying ice cream as much as possible?
I think not!
Rather than constantly going out for ice cream (which gets expensive fast) or buying the same tired flavors at the store, I love coming up with my own unique spins on no churn ice cream.
Like this version of the treat that has a a creamy coffee base and pieces of Australian wafer cookies running through it.
It’s a must for any mocha lover!
What exactly are Tim Tam cookies?
I’m glad you asked!
Tim Tam cookies are Australian cookies.
They have malted wafer like biscuits that sandwich a light chocolate cream filling and are coated in a thin layer of milk chocolate.
While these treats are readily available in Australia, you can find them in the States.
I normally buy mine at Target or here on Amazon.
So, what exactly is a Tim Tam Slam?
The Tim Tam Slam is a phrase that refers to drinking a hot drink like coffee through a Tim Tam as if it were a straw.
When you drink your coffee (or tea or cocoa) through a Tim Tam, the inner cookie softens and the outer chocolate melts, making for the ultimate in cookie dunking and eating.
It is also called Tim Tam Shotgun, Tim Tam Bomb, Tim Tam Explosion, Tim Tam Bong and Tim Tam Suck.
Call this practice whatever you like, but make sure you try it at least once so you aren’t missing out!
This no churn ice cream has the standard easy to find ingredients for everyone’s favorite treats. It combines them with ingredients to replicate the experience of a Tim Tam Slam in frozen form.
So, to make this you’ll need:
- Heavy cream– Make sure it’s nice and cold when you use it.
- Sweetened condensed milk– Again, I like to pop mine in the fridge prior to making this. You can use store bought or homemade.
- Instant coffee powder– Not a lot, just enough to provide a delicious coffee base. Don’t worry about it being bitter. The sweetened condensed milk will offset it.
- Tim Tam Cookies– Roughly chop them.
How to Make
Making this is as easy as making other no churn ice cream recipes and doesn’t require an ice cream maker.
To do it, add the cream to a mixing bowl.
Then, use a hand mixer on medium high speed to whip it until stiff peaks form.
Use a spatula to scrape all of the condensed milk out of the can and into a second mixing bowl.
Add the coffee powder to the condensed milk and whip with a hand mixer until well combined.
Pour the coffee flavored condensed milk into the whipped cream, and fold in with a spatula until the two are evenly combined.
Now, fold in the cookie pieces just evenly combined.
Pour the ice cream mixture into a chilled 9×5″ metal loaf pan.
Smooth out the top and then top with an extra sprinkle of chopped cookies- if desired.
Finish by covering the loaf pan with cling wrap to seal and freeze overnight.
Scoop into bowls and enjoy!
Make sure you store this ice cream tightly covered in your freezer to prevent freezer burn.
You can either transfer it to an air tight container after it has frozen or cover leftovers tightly with plastic wrap followed by foil after each serving.
It should stay good for up to 3 months.
Tips and Tricks
- Don’t over beat the cream or you will quickly end up with butter when the milk separates from the solids.
- A good test for stiff peaks is to turn off the mixer and slowly lift the beaters out. If the cream maintains the shape, those are stiff peaks.
- Whenever I make no churn ice cream, I like to keep everything as cold as possible. I try to use metal mixing bowls and freeze or refrigerate them prior to making the ice cream.
Other No Churn Ice Cream Recipes You’ll Love
Tim Tam Slam ice cream is a fun variation on no churn ice cream you’ll love. Make it the next hot day and enjoy!
Looking for other no churn ice cream recipes? Try these:
- Peaches & Cream Ice Cream
- Fruity Pebble Ice Cream
- Cherry Cobbler Ice Cream
- Red Velvet Cake Ice Cream
- Apple Crisp Ice Cream
- Nutella Swirled Ice Cream
If you’ve tried this TIM TAM SLAM ICE CREAM or any other recipe on the site, let me know in the comment section how it turned out, we love hearing from our readers! You can also follow along with me on PINTEREST, FACEBOOK, and INSTAGRAM to see more amazing recipes and whatever else we’ve got going on!
Tim Tam Slam Ice Cream
- 2 1/4 cups heavy whipping cream
- 1 can sweetened condensed milk
- 1 1/2 tbsp instant coffee powder
- 12 tim tam cookies roughly chopped
- Add the cream to a mixing bowl, and using a hand mixer whip it on medium high speed until stiff peaks form.
- In a second mixing bowl, use a spatula to scrape all of the condensed milk out of the can and into the bowl. Add the coffee powder, and whip with a hand mixer until well combined.
- Pour the coffee flavored condensed milk into the whipped cream, and fold in with a spatula until the two are evenly combined.
- Add the cookie pieces, again folding in just until evenly combined.
- Pour the ice cream mixture into a chilled 9x5" metal loaf pan. Smooth out the top, and top with an extra sprinkle of chopped cookies- if desired.
- Cover the loaf pan with cling wrap to seal, and freeze overnight.
- Scoop into bowls and serve immediately!
This post may contain affiliate links. As an amazon associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. See my full Disclosure Policy for details. As always, all opinions are my own.