Bubble up chili cheese dog bake is an easy family friendly casserole. Perfect for dinner any busy night, this dish has all the flavors of the loaded hot dogs and is hearty enough to satisfy even the hungriest crowd!
It’s no secret that appetites are huge in this house.
Four boys and a hungry husband.
They’d eat me out of house and home, I swear.
So whenever I can I try to make hearty, easy casseroles that I know will keep my family’s belly full.
This is one of those.
It has all classic flavors of chili cheese dogs but with loads of buttery biscuits so it feels more filling.
Plus the flavor combo means it it is perfect for summer hot dog season or as a yummy game day option throughout the year.
To make this you’ll need:
- Biscuit dough– Go for the kind in the can that you can find in the refrigerated section. Homestyle or buttermilk work really well in this.
- Hot dogs– Use any hot dogs you like though I recommend all beef. Slice them into coins.
- Chili– No need to use homemade chili unless you are using up leftovers. Canned chili with beans works perfectly!
- Cheese– Go for sliced American cheese and shredded sharp cheddar though you can switch that up to suit your preferences.
- Garnishes– Totally optional but this casserole is extra yummy when loaded with all the fixins like mustard, ketchup, relish and white onion.
How to Make
This family friendly casserole is so easy to make!
To do it start by spraying a 9×13″ baking dish with non stick spray.
You can keep your leftovers in the fridge. Just let the dish cool and then wrap it tightly in foil and refrigerate for up to 4 days.
Reheat by warming in the oven until hot.
Tips and Tricks
- Make sure you spray the bottom of your baking dish well with nonstick spray so nothing gets stuck on the bottom.
- Use your favorite brand of hot dogs. I like Nathan’s, but will accept Hebrew National as a substitute.
- Have fun and switch up the cheeses. Pepper jack would or colby would also be really yummy in this.
Other Hot Dog Recipes You’ll Love
This bubble up chili cheese dog bake is one of my boys’ favorite casseroles. Make it the next time you need a heart, no fuss dinner and enjoy!
Looking for other hot dog recipes? Try these:
- Chili Cheese Dog Chili
- Cubano Dogs (Cuban Style Hot Dogs)
- Oven Baked Hot Dogs
- Quick & Easy Pretzel Dogs
- California Dogs
If you’ve tried this BUBBLE UP CHILI CHEESE DOG BAKE or any other recipe on the site, let me know in the comment section how it turned out, we love hearing from our readers! You can also follow along with me on PINTEREST, FACEBOOK, and INSTAGRAM to see more amazing recipes and whatever else we’ve got going on!
Bubble Up Chili Cheese Dog Bake
- 2 can refrigerated biscuits homestyle or buttermilk
- 8 beef hotdogs sliced into coins
- 2 15 oz cans chili with beans
- 6 slices American cheese
- 1 1/2 cups shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- mustard for garnish
- ketchup for garnish
- dill pickle relish for garnish
- white onion diced, for garnish
- Spray a 9x13" baking dish with non stick spray.
- In a large mixing bowl, add one can of the chili, the cut hotdogs, and a half cup of cheese. Stir everything together until evenly combined.
- Pour this mixture into the prepared baking dish, and spread it out evenly.
- Spread the cheese slices evenly out over the top.
- Pour the second can of chili evenly out over the top, gently spreading it, but being careful not to disturb the sliced cheese.
- Sprinkle half a cup of the shredded cheese evenly out over top of the chili layer.
- Open the biscuits and separate them. Cut each raw biscuit into four quarters, and spread the pieces evenly out over the casserole. Sprinkle a half cup of cheese evenly out over the biscuit layer.
- Bake the dish at 375° for 25 minutes.
- Carefully remove the dish from the oven, cover it with aluminum foil, and bake an additional 10 minutes.
- Remove the dish carefully from the oven, take off the foil, and let it rest for five full minutes.
- Top the casserole with a drizzle of mustard & ketchup, dill pickle relish, and chopped white onion.
- Serve & enjoy!