Strawberry coffee cake muffins burst with flavor from juicy berries and delicious crumb topping. These homemade muffins will perk your morning up instantly with their tender crumb and perfectly moist texture. Make them the next time you can’t decide between muffins or coffee cake!
Have I ever told you that I am really indecisive? I mean that sincerely.
Ask me what I want to eat and I will absolutely tell you that I have no idea. And that’s especially true when I’m deciding between two delicious morning treats: coffee cake and muffins.
With these strawberry coffee cake muffins, I no longer have to make the tough choice between the two.
I can have my cake and eat my muffins too.
The Best Strawberry Muffins Ever
I’m so glad combinations like this exist.
The combination of the best part of juicy berry filled muffins and the insanely good crumb topping that makes coffee cake so good.
It’s the best of both worlds and exactly the thing you need to start your morning right.
How to Make Strawberry Coffee Cake Muffins
There’s another added perk to these yummy homemade muffins: they make the perfect quarantine baking project!
They don’t require hard to find yeast but will definitely satisfy that urge to make something homemade and special feeling.
To make the muffins line a muffin tin with cupcake liners. I love using pretty liners, but any liners will work. Then set aside the lined tray and preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
Tips, Tricks and Variations
- Don’t over mix your muffin batter. The batter may be a little lumpy and that’s ok! You want to mix it until everything is just incorporated. Over mixing will result in tough muffins.
- Don’t have strawberries? Feel free to substitute your favorite berries. This would work with blueberries or raspberries.
- Fresh strawberries work the best, but if you don’t have any feel free to use frozen strawberries. Just thaw them first and make sure to drain them of the excess juices.
- No buttermilk? No problem! Make your own buttermilk by combining 1 tablespoon of fresh lemon juice OR vinegar with 1 cup of milk. Let it rest for 2-3 minutes, and then incorporate it into the recipe as instructed.
Other Muffins You Might Love
With a tender crumb and juicy sweet strawberries, these strawberry coffee cake muffins are a winner. Make them for breakfast or a fun baking project this week and enjoy!
Looking for other muffins? Try these:
If you’ve tried this STRAWBERRY COFFEE CAKE MUFFINS, or any other recipe on my site, let me know in the comment section how it turned out, we love hearing from our readers! You can also follow along with me on PINTEREST, FACEBOOK, and INSTAGRAM to see more amazing recipes and whatever else we’ve got going on!
Strawberry Coffee Cake Muffins
- 1/4 cup salted butter softened
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup buttermilk
- 1 1/2 cups diced strawberries fresh is best, but frozen can be used if thawed completely and drained of excess juices
For The Crumble
- 1/4 cup cold butter diced small
- 1/2 cup flour
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup sugar
- Line a muffin tin with cupcake liners. Set aside. Heat the oven to 375 degrees.
- In the bowl of your stand mixer, add the butter and sugar. Beat until the two are evenly creamed together.
- Add in the egg and vanilla, and mix again until evenly combined.
- In a separate bowl add the flour, baking powder, & salt. Use a fork to whisk them together until evenly combined.
- Alternate, adding some of the flour mixture then the buttermilk and slowly mixing the whole way. Wait until completely incorporated until you start with the next round.
- Once it's all in the main mixing bowl, mix again just until you're sure it's all evenly combined.
- Using a spatula fold in the all but a couple of the strawberries. Set the rest aside.
To Make The Muffins
- Add 1/4 cup of batter to each lined muffin tin. Continue until all the liners have been filled.
- Add the remaining diced strawberries out evenly onto the tops of the filled cups.
To Make The Crumble Topping
- In a medium sized mixing bowl, add all of the crumble topping ingredients.
- Mix them together using a sturdy spoon until everything's evenly incorporated and resembles an actual 'crumble'.
- Sprinkle the crumble evenly out on top of the filled muffins.
- Reduce the heat to 350 degrees and bake the muffins for 18-20 minutes.
- Let the muffins cool for 5 minutes before removing them from the pan.