This strawberry and goat cheese bruschetta makes elegant summer entertaining effortless. Sweet strawberries, tomatoes, and basil compliment the earthy goat cheese. The tart fruity flavor of balsamic vinegar and olive oil blend the tastes together for a delightful dish perfect for entertaining.
I love to entertain outside in the nice weather. There’s something about sitting outside in the sunshine with good friends and a glass of wine or fruity cocktail like this blackberry lavendar champagne cocktail. I do it as often as possible, which is at least once a week during the nice weather.
When I’m entertaining outside, I like to put out easy appetizers and snacks.
Sometimes, it’ll just be fruit or cheese. But sometimes, I’ll put a touch more effort in and put out something that’ll really knock everyone’s socks off like this strawberry and goat cheese bruschetta.
It’s feels so fancy and elegant that you would never guess how effortless it is to put together. To make this appetizer, you just toss diced strawberries and tomatoes into a bowl. Add some fresh basil leaves and minced garlic to that bowl. Then drizzle it with olive oil and balsamic vinegar and give it a good toss to combine the ingredients.
Next, you need to set the tomatoes and strawberries aside for about an hour. The acid in the vinegar will start to break them down and release all these delicious juices that will make this bruschetta out of this world.
Right before the hour is up, you can slice your baguette. Then brush both sides of the bread with melted butter and bake in a 350 degree oven for 5 minutes. The bread will get all toasty and crunchy.
As soon as the bread comes out of the oven, you can spread the goat cheese on each slice. Because the bread will be warm, the goat cheese will start to melt and get into all the bread’s nooks. To finish, spoon some of the strawberry and tomato mixture on top of each slice. Garnish with a bit of extra fresh basil.
Just like that you have a gorgeous, elegant appetizer ready to go just bursting with all the best flavors of summer.
Other Fresh Ways To Enjoy Strawberries:
- 1 french baguette sliced on a diagonal, ¾-inch thick
- 1 1/2 tbsp. minced garlic
- 2 cups fresh roma tomatoes chopped
- ½ cup fresh basil chopped
- 1 cup strawberries chopped hull and stem removed
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 tbsp. olive oil
- 1 tbsp. balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 stick of butter- melted
- 8 oz herbed Goat cheese
- Chopped Basil to garnis
- In a medium mixing bowl, add chopped tomatoes, strawberries, minced garlic, olive oil, balsamic vinegar, and basil together.
- Chop the basil and add to the strawberry mixture.
- Toss to combine.
- Set to the side for 1 hour
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Pre-heat oven for 350'
- Place baguettes on a cookie sheet and brush with melted butter.
- Bake for 5 minutes, just until slightly browned.
- Spread with goat cheese on top of the baguettes.
- Spoon bruschetta on top of the goat cheese.
- Garnish with fresh basil and serve.