Skip the drive thru with this copycat Sonic Strawberry Limeade recipe! Just as refreshing and delicious as the fast food version, you’ll be making this drink over and over again all summer long!
This post may contain affiliate links. As an amazon associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. See my full Disclosure Policy for details.
We love hitting up Sonic.
That goes double during their happy hour when all their drinks are half priced.
My boys and I love their strawberry limeade.
It’s tangy, sweet and so refreshing. The perfect thing for a summer pick me up.
My version of the classic drink hits all the same notes.
And I can make it anytime without having to haul myself to a Sonic.
The results are just as good if not better than the original!
You’ll need two very easy sets of ingredients for this recipe.
For the strawberry syrup you’ll need:
- Strawberries– Wash them and hull them. This tool helps with that.
- Sugar– Granulated sugar works best.
For the strawberry limeade itself, you’ll need:
- Strawberry syrup– A portion of the homemade syrup.
- Lemon Lime soda– I like Sprite in this, but you could use another lemon lime soda if you prefer.
- Lime– Both to squeeze into the drink and to garnish the drink with if desired.
- Strawberries– For garnish.
How to Make
Making this is pretty easy. To start, let’s talk about making the strawberry simple syrup.
To make it, start by cutting the prepared berries into quarters.
Then, add the strawberries to a medium sized pot along with the four cups of water.
Bring the water to a boil. Once it boils, reduce the heat and let it simmer for 20 minutes.
Using a strainer spoon, remove the boiled berries and discard.
Stir in the sugar and then continue simmering the mixture until the sugar’s completely dissolved.
Remove the pot from heat and allow the syrup to cool completely before using or storing.
Once you have made syrup and it’s cooled completely, you can put together your strawberry limeade.
To do it, fill a glass 1/2 full with ice, add 1/4 cup strawberry syrup and 1 cup of Sprite to the glass.
Squeeze in 4 slices of lime and stir the mixture together to evenly combine.
Garnish with lime and strawberries, and serve immediately. Enjoy!
Tips and Tricks
- Frozen strawberries make great ice cubes, and won’t dilute the drink as they warm up. Plus the look extra fancy.
- To store the simple syrup; transfer it to a jar once completely cooled, seal, and refrigerate for up to a month.
- You won’t use all the syrup making one limeade. There will be plenty left to make more drinks!
Other Copycat Drinks You’ll Love
These copycat Sonic Strawberry limeade drinks are a hit! Make them the next time you find yourself craving Sonic.
Looking for other copycat drink recipes? Try these:
- Sonic’s Ocean Water
- Taco Bell’s Baja Blast
- Chick Fil A’s Frosted Lemonade
- Disney Dole Pineapple Whips
- Tropical Smoothie Blimey Limey Smoothie
If you’ve tried this COPYCAT SONIC STRAWBERRY LIMEADE or any other recipe on the site, let me know in the comment section how it turned out, we love hearing from our readers! You can also follow along with me on PINTEREST, FACEBOOK, and INSTAGRAM to see more amazing recipes and whatever else we’ve got going on!
Copycat Sonic Strawberry Limeade
For The Strawberry Syrup
- 1 lb strawberries washed & hulled
- 4 cups water
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
For The Strawberry Limeade
- 1/4 cup strawberry syrup
- 1 cup Sprite
- 4 slices lime
- sliced strawberries for garnish
- lime wedges for garnish
To Make The Simple Strawberry Syrup
- Cut the prepared berries into quarters.
- Add the strawberries to a medium sized pot along with the four cups of water.
- Bring the water to a boil, then reduce the heat and let it simmer for 20 minutes.
- Using a strainer spoon, remove the boiled berries and discard.
- Add the sugar, stirring to evenly incorporate, and then continue simmering the mixture until the sugar's completely dissolved.
- Remove the pot from heat and allow the syrup to cool completely before using and/or storing.
To Make The Strawberry Limeade
- Fill a glass 1/2 full with ice, add 1/4 cup strawberry syrup & 1 cup of Sprite to the glass.
- Squeeze in 4 slices of lime, and stir the mixture together to evenly combine.
- Garnish with lime and strawberries, if desired, and serve immediately.
recipe adapted from Jen Around The World
This post may contain affiliate links. As an amazon associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. See my full Disclosure Policy for details. As always, all opinions are my own.