Toffee and chocolate covered strawberries are a fun twist on a Valentine’s Day classic. The toffee crunch and the smooth silky chocolate compliment the juicy, sweet strawberries perfectly!
This post may contain affiliate links. As an amazon associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. See my full Disclosure Policy for details.
I can’t think of a more romantic dessert than chocolate covered strawberries.
My hubby and I both enjoy them and this are next level with their bits of toffee sprinkled over them.
They are perfect for our date nights and Valentine’s Day.
But, when you have kids, you find out quickly that nothing is sacred.
Our kids found out about chocolate covered strawberries and love them too.
So I can say from experience, you can make these any time you want a quick and easy homemade dessert the whole family will love.
Here’s what you’ll need to make these delicious chocolate and toffee covered strawberries.
- White chocolate chips – You could get chocolate bars, but chips tend to melt more easily.
- Semi-sweet chocolate chips – You can use your favorite brand. If you prefer, you could use dark chocolate or milk chocolate for slightly different flavor.
- Strawberries – You’ll need fresh, whole strawberries. Do NOT try and substitute with anything else, including frozen.
- English toffee bits – You can use your preferred brand
How to make
Here’s how to make these delicious strawberry desserts.
Pour the white chocolate chips and semi-sweet chocolate chips into separate microwave safe bowls.
Next, microwave the bowls on high in 15 second increments.
You will need to stir between each 15 second blast.
They are ready when they are smooth and melted.
Carefully dip the strawberries into either the white or the semi-sweet chocolates.
Place each strawberry on the parchment lined baking sheet.
While they are still melted, sprinkle the tops with English toffee bits.
Finally, allow them to chill until set for about 20 minutes in the fridge.
Serve cool on a serving plate.
Serving and storing
You can serve these on their own, with whipped cream, or with your other favorite date night desserts.
To store, place them in an airtight container and place in the fridge.
They should save for about 3 to 4 days.
Tips and Tricks
- To prevent burning the chocolate, melt it in 15 second increments, stirring in between.
- If the chocolate is a bit thick after it is melted, stir in a teaspoon of coconut oil to thin it out a touch and add glossy shine.
- You can get fancy and drizzle white chocolate across the strawberries covered in semisweet chocolate and vice versa before you sprinkle them in toffee.
Other desserts you may love
Toffee and chocolate covered strawberries are a delicious romantic dessert.
Make them for date night and enjoy!
Here are a few other romantic desserts you might love:
If you’ve tried these TOFFEE AND CHOCOLATE COVERED STRAWBERRIES, or any other recipe on my site, let me know in the comment section how it turned out, we love hearing from our readers! You can also follow along with me on PINTEREST, FACEBOOK, and INSTAGRAM to see more amazing recipes and whatever else we’ve got going on!
Chocolate Toffee Covered Strawberries
- 1/2 cup white chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 15-20 strawberries
- 1/2 cup English toffee bits
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Rinse strawberries and pat dry.
- Pour white chocolate chips and semi-sweet chocolate chips into separate microwave safe
- Microwave on high in 15 second increments, stirring in between, until melted and smooth.
- Dip the strawberries in the melted chocolate, rotating between white and semi-sweet and place
- on parchment lined baking sheet.
- Sprinkle with English toffee bits.
- Chill until set, about 20 minutes.
This post may contain affiliate links. As an amazon associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. See my full Disclosure Policy for details. As always, all opinions are my own.