A quick & easy, rich & creamy dessert, this No Churn Blueberry Muffin Ice Cream features a fresh blueberry syrup swirl with a heavy sprinkling or homemade cinnamon streusel. It’s a blueberry muffin in each bite (but better, because ice cream!), and the best way to enjoy breakfast for dessert.
Grace. Showing Grace to another person. That’s a thing we still talk about, right? If not then we should, especially in light of the season. I mean when is it more appropriate than at Easter?
I don’t know if Webster’s has a definition for the word or not, but when I think about it- it means showing un-judging kindness to others. Lifting up your peers, even strangers in word, in deed, and thought.
Not trying to get to heavy with this post, but I brought up the subject for a specific reason. Cause today, y’all I could totally use some. A heaping helpin’ of it!
I’ve gotten spoiled by this colder Spring weather. I’m also in the process of packing and moving my entire household. Needless to say, the amount of boxes piled high and waiting for their weekend transport were totally blocking me from my usual photo spot in the air conditioned living room.
No biggie, right? I’ll just move the party outside and still take advantage of the natural light. Oh except today skipped Spring and ran straight for Summer temps.
So while this No Churn Blueberry Muffin Ice Cream is a creamy dream-come-true in a cone, it melted faster than I could get pics. Ya know what they say about not judging a book by it’s cover? Let’s just apply that to this recipe right now.
She might be a tad bit rough on the eyes, but she’s a gem all the same!
People often associate homemade ice cream with tedious hours spent churning and painful arm numbness. Not around here, folks! I don’t have time for all that. We like to keep things quick, easy, and painless- and no churn ice cream recipes are just the ticket!
A base of fluffy whipped heavy cream is sweetened with rich condensed milk making the perfect vehicle for just about any ice cream flavor you can dream up. For this No Churn Blueberry Muffin Ice Cream I stirred in a homemade (still equally easy, promise!) blueberry compote and some streusel crumbs. It tastes just like biting into a delicious blueberry muffin- but with ice cream and instead of breakfast, for dessert. A win win in my book, any day of the week.
Don’t be fooled by the fancy schmancy word ‘compote’ either. All that means is fresh fruit was cooked down into a syrup on the stove top. Easy peasy, lemon squeezy- yep there’s a bit of lemon in there.
Scoop it into a bowl, stuff it into sugar cones, shoot- get a spoon and eat it right out of the bowl, you can’t go wrong. Our No Churn Blueberry Muffin Ice Cream is rich & creamy, quick & easy, and swirled with a fresh blueberry syrup and streusel crumbs.
It does begin to soften and melt quickly, so freeze until right before serving. And hey, if it does begin to drip- tell the kids to lick that cone, and know that they don’t need to show ya God’s Grace because they won’t care a bit.
They’re just gonna be happy they’re getting dessert!
No Churn Blueberry Muffin Ice Cream
For The Blueberry Compote
- 2 pints fresh blueberries, washed & dried
- 4 tbsp lemon juice
- 2 cups Dixie Crystals granulated sugar
For The Streusel
- 1/2 cup flour
- 1/4 cup Dixie Crystals granulated sugar
- pinch of salt
- 4 tbsp butter, cold & cubed
For The Ice Cream
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 1 14 oz can sweetened condensed milk
To Make The Compote
- Add the blueberries, lemon juice, and sugar to a large skillet over medium heat. Stir together until evenly combined. Continue cooking, stirring occasionally, until the berries have burst and the liquid thickens into syrup.
- Transfer the compote to a mason jar and let cool completely before using.
To Make The Streusel
- To the bowl of a food processor, add the flour, sugar, cinnamon, and pinch of salt. Whip together to combine. Add the cubed butter and mix again until the dough is crumbly.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and spread the streusel dough out onto it in an even layer.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 10 minutes. Stir the streusel up, spread it back out into an even layer, and then bake it an additional 10 minutes. Break it up again, and let it cool completely.
To Make The Ice Cream
- In the bowl of a stand mixer, whip the cream until it's light, fluffy, and stiff peaks have formed. Don't over mix-- or you'll end up with butter.
- Stir in the sweetened condensed milk until evenly combined. Chill the mixture for 30 minutes. Transfer the mixture to a metal loaf pan.
- Stir 1/2 cup of the compote and 5 tbsp of streusel into the ice cream, just until evenly combined. Use a spatula to smooth out the top. Cover and freeze, for 2 hours or until firm.
Welcome to this year’s #EasterSweetWeek event hosted by Angie from Big Bear’s Wife. We’re so glad that you’ve joined us for this week long event of Springtime and Easter dessert recipes! We’re sharing tons of treats this week plus a few fantastic giveaways! You’re going to love what we have in store for you.
This year we have are 28 fantastic bloggers participating in this year’s Easter dessert event! Throughout the week we’ll be share tons of great Springtime and Easter themed dessert recipes with you. With over 75 sweet dessert recipes being shared this week we just know that you’re going to want to save some of these recipes to make again and again! We even hope that some of these recipes end up in your Easter recipe keepsake collection! Plus, don’t forget that we have 5 (five) great giveaways for you this week thanks to our amazing sponsors!
Scroll down to take a look!
Prize #1 — Dixie Crystals is giving away one (1) Instant Pot (8 Qt) to one lucky winner!
Prize #2 — Adam’s Extract is giving one (1) winner 5 different extracts including a bottle of Pure vanilla and a color pack.
Prize #3 — Rainier Fruit is giving one (1) winner a box of Apples and some wonderful Apple themed goodies from Sur La Table
Prize #4 — Anolon is giving one (1) winner a Anolon® Vesta™ 9-Inch Square Baker in Cobalt Blue
Prize #5 — Microplane is giving one (1) winner a Twist & Zest, grip & strip and a classic zester/grater
Giveaway open to US Residents 18 years or older.. All entries will be verified. No PO Boxes Please. Prizes will be sent directly from sponsors to winners, bloggers are not responsible for prizes. This giveaway runs from Marh 26th – April 1st at 12AMEST. Winners will be selected soon afterwards and contacted by e-mail. Winners will have 48 hours to respond or a new winner will be chosen. There are a total of 5 (five) prizes and therefore we will have a total of 5 (five) winners. No purchase necessary. Void where prohibited by law.
Disclaimer: These posts and recipes are part of the week long event, #EasterSweetsWeek but all opinions are 100% mine! We would like Thank our amazing sponsors: Dixie Crystals, Adam’s Extract, Rainier Fruit, Anolon and Microplane! These wonderful sponsors provided the prize packs for our giveaways and also sent samples and products to the #EasterSweetsWeek bloggers to use in their recipes.
Check out the amazing #EasterSweetsWeek recipes from our bloggers today!
- M&M Marshmallow Cheesecake Apple Dip from Big Bear’s Wife
- Apple Caramel Crumb Pie from My Sweet Zepol
- Apple Blueberry Crisp from The Bitter Side of Sweet
- Easy Lemon Pudding Bundt Cake from Love and Confections
- Easter Butter Mints from Nik Snacks
- No Churn Blueberry Muffin Ice Cream from 4 Sons ‘R’ Us