A quick and easy dip that features gourmet flavor on the tightest of budgets or timetables– this creamy, cheesy Parmesan Shrimp Dip Bread Bowl is a must have yummy appetizer at your next gathering.
One gigantic family meal down–whew! Wait a minute, that sense of relief is dissolving by the second as I realize I have to do it all again in less than a month.
Talk about pressure, I mean we all want the perfect meal to set the stage for a magical holiday, and hardly any recovery time.
Alas, the fact that I manage to pull it off year after year is proof it can be done. Still doing something and doing it well are two very different things.
My secret to pulling it all off? Having quick and easy go-to recipes that are such a success none of my guests ever guess how simple they really are.
My secret ingredient is almost always cheese. I love cheese. I really couldn’t live without it.
The difference between a dish that graces your table and one that delights– is totally in the quality of the cheese. This is why I highly recommend springing for a more expensive, fancier brand of cheese for recipes like this.
Find one that’s the very best AND affordable on a budget. Let’s be honest, when you’re figuring out where to make cuts in the menu budget– sacrificing quality for quantity isn’t an option.
This Parmesan Shrimp Dip Bread Bowl features delicious melted Parmesan cheese. It, aside from the shrimp, is really the star of the whole thing.
Tips & Tricks for Making & Serving This Parmesan Shrimp Dip:
- Don’t have Parmesan cheese on hand? Mozzarella cheese makes a great substitute.
- Not a fan of seafood? That’s ok! Skip the shrimp and this makes an incredibly tasty garlic infused cheese dip all on it’s own.
- Want to keep this a seafood dip, but still not a fan of shrimp? You can sub lump crab meat instead.
It’s creamy, it’s obviously cheesy with hints of garlic and packed with chunks of fresh shrimp. Baked in a crispy bread bowl, it’s a perfect appetizer to be the center of any table.
Rip it apart and enjoy it on hunks of the bread rind, or pair it with crackers for dipping. Either way, your guests won’t be able to get enough- and with hardly any effort on your part.
If you’ve tried this PARMESAN SHRIMP DIP BREAD BOWL, or any other recipe on my site, let me know in the comment section how it turned out, we love hearing from our readers! You can also follow along with me on PINTEREST, FACEBOOK, and INSTAGRAM to see more amazing recipes and whatever else we’ve got going on!
Parmesan Shrimp Dip Bread Bowl
- 1/2 lb large shrimp peeled, deveined & roughly chopped
- 1 cup of cream
- 2 tbs sour cream
- 2 tbs butter
- 2 tbs flour
- 4 tsp minced garlic
- 1/2 cup of Parmesan cheese
- 2 tbs Parmesan cheese for topping
- large bread bowl or a smaller boule style loaf of bread
- In a small skillet over medium heat, melt the butter. Add the garlic, cooking until fragrant and lightly browned.
- Whisk the flour in until a smooth roux is formed. Add the cream, sour cream, cheese, & a pinch of salt. Cook, whisking constantly, until the mixture just starts to boil.
- Remove the cheese sauce from heat, stir in the shrimp, and set aside.
- Hollow out your bread bowl. Pour the shrimp and cheese mixture into the bread bowl & sprinkle with more Parmesan cheese.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 15 minutes.