These Christmas Jello cups are a boozy holiday treat. With layers of red, white, and green jello spiked with champagne, these fun champagne Jello shots will be a hit this holiday season! Make some of these festive adult treats for your next Christmas gathering for an extra merry time.
I love to be just a little extra over the holidays. Isn’t that the fun of the season after all?
For example, why stop at serving plain old champagne when you could serve champagne jazzed up even more? And while, yes, you could jazz it up with my caramel apple mimosas, you could serve it all dressed up in red and green.
Because if you can dress champagne up in Christmas colors for the holiday season, don’t you think you should?
I definitely do. And so I bring you these champagne infused Christmas jello cups.
Are these Christmas Cups Jello Shots?
My Christmas Jello cups are joyful cups of cherry, sweetened condensed milk jello, and lime jello, all laced with the delightful addition of champagne.
These aren’t the jello shots you might remember from college but a more grown up take on a Jello cocktail that is absolutely perfect for the holiday season.
Plus, it’s like dessert and drinks all in one fun glass of bubbly goodness.
How to Make Christmas Jello Cups
Making Christmas Jello cups is as easy as making Jello.
The only trick is making the angled layers, and that’s as easy as tilting your wine glasses at an angle in a muffin tin while the Jello sets. Doesn’t get much simpler than that, really.
To make Christmas Jello cups, start by opening your family sized packet of lime jello and put it in a bowl. Then add 2 cups of boiling water and give the jello a stir.
Now add 1 cup of cold water and a cup of champagne to the lime jello and stir again. Now you can pour the lime jello mixture into each cup, filling each a third of the way.
To give them the pretty angle, use a muffin tin to support each glass at a 45 degree angle. Let the green jello set.
Once the lime jello has set, add 1 cup of boiling water and can of sweetened condensed milk to a bowl and stir them together.
Add a packet of gelatin to the mixture and stir to dissolve the gelatin. Then pour in half a cup of cold water. Stir again.
Fill each glass an additional third of the way with the milk mixture. Now tilt your glasses to the opposite side that they were tilted before and let the white layer set.
After the white layer has set, make the cherry jello the same way you made the lime jello.
Once you have your red jello champagne mixture made, put your cups straight up and down and pour the cherry jello into the cup filling the rest of the way. Let the cherry layer set.
Then you can finish by rimming the glasses in sprinkles. To rim the glasses, just dip each glass in corn syrup and dip in the wet rim into your desired sprinkles. Then enjoy!
Tips for Making the Best Jello Cups
These festive Christmas Jello cups are so easy to make. Follow these tips and tricks to make the perfect Jello cups for your holiday celebrations:
- Want to turn these into a treat the kids can enjoy? Don’t use champagne and instead just use an extra cup of water in the jello mixes that you’d mix champagne into.
- Maybe you want them a bit boozier? Mix it up with half champagne and half of your favorite liquor. I like vanilla vodka with these jello cups as well.
- You don’t have to do the fancy angled layers if you don’t want too. They will taste just as delicious with non angled layers.
- Don’t celebrate Christmas or looking for a boozy dessert for a different holiday? Replace the jello flavors with other flavors to make it appropriate for your celebration. For example, replace the lime jello with blue raspberry and bam, you’ve got 4th of July Jello cups. Replace the both the red and green with the blue raspberry jello and Hannukah Jello cups. So versatile!
- Make sure you let each layer set all the way before adding a new layer on top.
- I find the sugar sanding sprinkles work really well for rimming glasses. Bigger ice cream sprinkles may not stick as well to the rim if you go with them.
Other Christmas Inspired Sweet Ideas You’ll Love
These Christmas Jello cups are a fabulously fun idea for any Christmas party with a pretty presentation that will knock your guests’s socks off. Make them for your next holiday celebration.
Looking for other Christmas treat ideas? Try these:
- Eggnog Cookie Dough Bark
- Peppermint Snowball Cookies
- Gingerbread Rice Krispie Treats
- Candy Cane Milkshakes
If you’ve tried these CHRISTMAS JELLO CUPS, or any other recipe on the site, let me know in the comment section how it turned out, we love hearing from our readers! You can also follow along with me on PINTEREST, FACEBOOK, and INSTAGRAM to see more amazing recipes and whatever else we’ve got going on!
Christmas Jello Cups
- 1 family size pack of Cherry Jello
- 1 family size back of Lime Jello
- 1 can of Condensed Milk
- 1 box of Gelatin Mix
- 5 cups of Boiling Water
- 3 1/2 cups of Cold Water
- 2 cups of Champagne or Vodka optional
- Icing or Corn Syrup
- Muffin Tray
- Start by Adding 2 cups of boiling water to your lime jello mix and stir well.
- Next add 1 cup of cold water and 1 cup of Champagne, and stir well.
- Fill each glass a third of the way, and place your glass in the muffin tin at an angle, as shown.
- Once the jello has set, add one cup of boiling water to your condensed milk and stir until smooth.
- Add 1/2 a cup of cold water to one packet of gelatin and mix well.
- Combine your gelatin and condensed milk and fill each glass another third of the way.
- Tilt at the opposite angel and let set.
- Once your middle layer has set, repeat steps 1-3 with your cherry jello, and allow to set.
- Cover the rim of each glass with icing or corn syrup and dip in sprinkles.
- Serve and enjoy!
Leave a Comment