There’s never a wrong time for a delicious dessert. These Champagne Cupcakes are just the thing to serve at your next get together. Fluffy champagne flavored cupcakes are topped with a rich, thick swirl or champagne infused buttercream. It’s a treat fit for any special occasion, one fit for kids & adults alike!
A sweet treat is an essential part to so many various occasions. I mean a little bit of sugar goes a long way, and is pretty much a necessity for a little bit of fun every now and then.
You’ll often find an assortment of dessert and snack options on handing our house. Some as a simple surprise when the kids get home from school, and others because you never know when company could drop by.
Always gotta be prepared, right?!
With New Year’s Eve right around the corner, I knew it was the perfect time to whip up a little something extra sweet, and extra fun & festive. It’s NYE, so I had to keep in mind that we’ve got kids. Our parties are usually a mix of kids and adults, and we all wanna have a little bit of fun.
Cupcakes are always a hit. Plus, they’re much less mess (and cleanup) than slicing and serving a traditional cake.
While the adults may love to clink glasses with a bubbly toast to ring in the New Year, the kids can get in on a bit of fun with these Champagne Cupcakes too. There is alcoholic champagne baked into the cakes and whipped into the frosting, but it’s 100 % safe to consume.
So no worries! All the flavor, none of the after affects.
For something so fancy sounding (& tasty), this recipe is actually super simple to whip together.
A simple box of white cake mix is prepared to the package instructions, with a 1/4 cup of champagne mixed in. Line 2 12 piece cupcakes tins with festive liners that fit your occasion. Fill each liner half full with batter. Bake for the instructed time, at 350 degrees, for about 15-20 minutes.
While the cupcakes are baking, it’s time to whip together the champagne flavored buttercream.
In the bowl of a stand mixer, cream the butter until light & fluffy. Being careful to avoid a powdery explosion, add the sugar in one cup at a time- beating to fully combine, and adding each subsequent cup until it’s all fully incorporated. Whip in the remaining tablespoon of champagne, beating until the mixture’s fluffy again- about 1-2 minutes.
Allow the baked cupcakes to cool completely. When cooled, frost them. I like to use piping bags with tips for a pretty affect. If you don’t have those on hand, then I’d suggest adding the frosting to a gallon sized zip locking bag. Squeeze the air out, and the frosting down to one corner. Snip the corner off with scissors, and frost,
When the Champagne Cupcakes are frosted, sprinkle them liberally with whatever fun additions fit your party. We’ve used edible glitter before. Sprinkles, of course. Even, fresh fruit. They’re simple enough to cater to any occasion, but with a bit of fancy pizzazz.
New Years Eve, bridal showers, birthday parties- whatever the event- these Champagne Cupcakes are appropriate. I must add, even a must have.
So while us old folks clink glasses on this special occasion, the young one’s can clink cupcakes!
Other Cupcake Recipes You Might Also Enjoy:
- Salted Margarita Cupcakes with Tequila Lime Buttercream
- Dark Chocolate Cupcakes With Red Wine Buttercream
- Baby Ruth Cupcakes
- Boozy Chocolate Coffee Cupcakes with Oreo Cream Buttercream
For The Cake
- 1 box of white cake mix
- ¼ Cup Champagne of your choice I use barefoot
For The Frosting
- 3 sticks of butter- Room temperature
- 5 cups powdered sugar
- 1 tbsp champagne
- Sprinkles for decoration optional
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
- Prepare your cake mix per instructions on the box, and add in ¼ cup champagne.
- Prepare a cupcake tin with liners and fill halfway with batter
- Bake for the time specified, about 15-20 minutes
- While your cupcakes are baking, prepare your frosting by whipping your butter until light and fluffy
- Add in the powdered sugar one cup at a time until fully combined.
- Add in the champagne, and whip on high for 1-2 minutes until fluffy.
- Place your frosting in a piping bag fitting with a tip. (you can also use a Ziploc bag and cut the corner)
- Once your cupcakes have cooled, decorate with the frosting and top with your choice of sprinkles and enjoy!