A true celebration involved family and good food being shared, Christmas brunch is no exception. Serve this Christmas morning punch for a bright, festive drink full of cheer that all of your guests will enjoy savoring when paired with festivities and fun.
Punch is pretty much a party staple, whatever the season and regardless of the theme. And I can see why.
It’s usually fruity, it’s fun, and it’s a great drink that the majority of party go-ers can and will enjoy.
It’s roots began as the earliest cocktail. The title ‘punch’ itself isn’t an English word, it’s actually a term given to this fruit cocktail of five basic ingredients in Sanskrit.
The five basic ingredients being alcohol, lemon, sugar, water, and the flavoring. Thousands of years have passed, but a basic punch recipe remains the same.
When the English colonized India in the 17th century, they discovered ‘punch’ and from there the base recipe spread across the European continent.
It was adapted and it evolved along the way- eventually becoming the juice-laden party punch we know & love today.
Punches often include alcohol, and those are great! But since we’re shooting for Christmas morning, we wanted this Christmas morning punch to be something the whole family could enjoy.
There’s also no better way to blend older traditions with new than at Christmas time- hello Christmas Morning Punch!
This punch is easy to whip up, and with it’s bright citrus flavors- it’s perfect for a festive celebration Christmas morning. Bonus points because it only requires you to have a couple easy ingredients on hand.
What Goes Into A Christmas Punch?
Surprisingly, not that much. Four ingredients plus some fresh cut fruit is all that’s needed.
- orange juice
- cranberry juice
- pineapple juice
- freshly sliced oranges
That’s it. A couple simple juices that together create a punch bursting with flavor. Stir in some fizzy lemon lime soda, and it’s a perfect party punch for any occasion- but especially for Christmas.
Things don’t have to be over the top to embrace the season and celebrate it, your punch included. Sometimes, simple is best- and that’s definitely true for this recipe.
All that aside, there are some things you can do to really up the ‘wow’ factor when serving this simple punch.
How To Dress Up Christmas Punch When Serving
A good garnish does the trick to elevate an otherwise plain looking drink. It can get guests excited about enjoying it, even before they know what flavors are waiting for them.
In addition to adding freshly cut fruit to the pitcher, I highly recommend garnishing the individual glasses for an extra festive touch.
A fresh sprig of rosemary and a couple cranberries lend a beautiful polished effect without offering the flavor profile.
TIPS & TRICKS For Serving The Best Christmas Punch
- The punch turns a lovely shade of red orange when everything’s stirred together. If you’d prefer a more traditional red- pomegranate juice is a delightfully delicious addition that will give it that effect.
- We used Sprite, but any carbonated lemon lime flavored soda will work. Also, gingerale makes a delicious alternative.
- In addition to freshly sliced oranges, sliced pineapple rings also make a pretty presentation when added to the serving pitcher.
- The punch can be made the night before and store in the refrigerator over night, and served chilled the next morning.
- Making the punch right before brunch? Don’t dilute it with ice. Instead slice & prep your fruits the night before, including the cranberries for garnish, and freeze them overnight. Add them to the pitcher a few minutes before serving, and they’ll serve a dual purpose as they chill it and make a stunning presentation.
- If you’d like to make this an adult version, you can add a cup of rum or vodka to the pitcher. Alternatively, you can add a shot of rum to each individual glass for adults- leaving the punch in the pitcher safe for all ages to enjoy.
Don’t forget the drinks when planning this year’s Christmas morning breakfast or brunch. A pitcher of this fruity Christmas morning punch is just the thing to sip & savor while basking in the warm holiday glow!
Other Festive Drink Ideas You Might Also Enjoy:
If you’ve tried this CHRISTMAS MORNING PUNCH, or any other recipe on the site, let me know in the comment section how it turned out, we love hearing from our readers! You can also follow along with me on PINTEREST, FACEBOOK, and INSTAGRAM to see more amazing recipes and whatever else we’ve got going on!
Christmas Morning Punch
- 4 cups Orange Juice
- 4 cups Cranberry Juice
- 2 cups Pineapple Juice
- 2 cups Sprite
- Fresh oranges cranberries, and rosemary for garnish (optional)
- Combine all ingredients into a large pitcher and give a quick stir.
- Add in orange slices and cranberries (optional)
- Serve cold or over ice