Breakfast or Brunch doesn’t have to just mean bacon and eggs. These banana pancakes with peanut butter syrup will advance an otherwise ordinary family meal from simple to extraordinary with hardly any extra effort at all.
Oh my word. You guys! This right here. These pancakes right here. These are breakfast pancake heaven. Even better? They’re breakfast pancake heaven topped with peanut butter sauce.
peanut. butter. sauce.
Have you heard of Jack Johnson? Have you heard his song ‘Banana Pancakes’?
“But, baby, you hardly even notice
When I try to show you this
Song is meant to keep ya
From doing what you’re supposed to
Waking up too early
Maybe we can sleep in
Make you banana pancakes
Pretend like it’s the weekend now”
Everybody plays hooky once in a while, right??
And a fluffy stack of banana pancakes drizzled with homemade peanut butter syrup are a must for any day of serious R&R.
On another note, the kids call these the Elvis pancakes. I may or may not have mentioned a few thousand times that the pb & banana sandwich was his favorite. Along with various other random tidbits about ‘The King.’ I also may or may not have an entire library of books on the man, and my three year old self may or may not have been convinced that I was fated to marry him, regardless of the tiny hiccup of him being dead and all.
So, banana pancakes WITH peanut butter. They’re good grub fit for just about anybody, from the working man to The King.
Banana Pancakes with Peanut Butter Syrup
- For The Pancakes
- 1 3/4 cup all purpose flour
- 2 tbsp white sugar
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1 ripe banana in this case those mushy black/brown spots are a plus
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 1/4 cup milk
- 1 egg lightly beaten
- 2 tbsp canola oil
- pinch of cinnamon
- For The Peanut Butter Sauce
- 1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 3/4 cup water
- To Make The Pancakes
- Combine all of the dry ingredients in a medium mixing bowl.
- In a separate bowl, add the banana and wet ingredients, mashing and mixing them together until all are evenly combined.
- Combine the dry and wet ingredient together in one bowl, stirring until evenly incorporated. It will be lumpy and somewhat thick.
- Pour about 1/4 cup of batter into the pan/ griddle for each pancake.
- Heat until bubbly on top, flip and cook until golden brown on each side.
- To Make The Peanut Butter Sauce
- Combine all the ingredients in a small saucepan. Heat until boiling. Let cool slightly, and drizzle the sauce over the pancakes. Top with extra banana slices, if desired.