Breakfast or Brunch doesn’t have to just mean bacon and eggs. These banana pancakes with peanut butter syrup will take an otherwise ordinary family breakfast from simple to extraordinary with hardly any extra effort at all.
Oh my word. You guys!
This right here. These banana pancakes are breakfast pancake heaven.
Even better? They’re breakfast pancake heaven topped with peanut butter sauce.
Peanut butter sauce, let’s let that sink in for a minute or two.
Have you heard of Jack Johnson? More specifically, have you heard his song ‘Banana Pancakes’?
“This song is meant to keep ya
From doing what you’re supposed to
Waking up too early
Maybe we can sleep in
Make you banana pancakes
Pretend like it’s the weekend now”
Everybody plays hooky once in a while, right??
And a fluffy stack of banana pancakes drizzled with homemade peanut butter syrup are a must for any day of serious R&R.
On another note, the kids call these the Elvis pancakes.
I may or may not have mentioned a few thousand times that the pb & banana sandwich was his favorite. Along with various other random tidbits about ‘The King.’
I also may or may not have an entire library of books on the man, and my three year old self may or may not have been convinced that I was fated to marry him, regardless of the tiny hiccup of him being dead and all.
So, banana pancakes WITH peanut butter. They’re good grub fit for just about anybody, from the working man to The King.
For An Elvis Style Pancake Experience
These pancakes are bursting with fresh banana flavor with a light & fluffy texture. It’s the perfect combination, and these cook up on a hot griddle like a dream.
If you want a more authentic ‘Elvis’ style pancake though, then I highly recommend the addition of bacon.
Cook several slices (4-6 depending on your love of bacon) until they’re crisp, drain them on paper towels (patting if necessary yo remove excess grease), and crumble them when cool enough to safely handle.
Stir the crumbled bacon into the batter, and continue with the recipe as instructed.
Then you can really revel in the experience, and eat like THE king.
Other Pancakes Recipes You May Also Enjoy:
- Cinnamon Toast Crunch Pancakes
- Strawberry Shortcake Pancakes
- Churro Pancakes
- Pineapple Upside Down Pancakes
If you’ve tried these BANANA PANCAKES WITH PEANUT BUTTER SYRUP, or any other recipe on the site, let me know in the comment section how it turned out, we love hearing from our readers! You can also follow along with me on PINTEREST, FACEBOOK, and INSTAGRAM to see more amazing recipes and whatever else we’ve got going on!
Banana Pancakes with Peanut Butter Syrup
- For The Pancakes
- 1 3/4 cup all purpose flour
- 2 tbsp white sugar
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1 ripe banana in this case those mushy black/brown spots are a plus
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 1/4 cup milk
- 1 egg lightly beaten
- 2 tbsp canola oil
- pinch of cinnamon
- For The Peanut Butter Sauce
- 1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 3/4 cup water
- To Make The Pancakes
- Combine all of the dry ingredients in a medium mixing bowl.
- In a separate bowl, add the banana and wet ingredients, mashing and mixing them together until all are evenly combined.
- Combine the dry and wet ingredient together in one bowl, stirring until evenly incorporated. It will be lumpy and somewhat thick.
- Pour about 1/4 cup of batter into the pan/ griddle for each pancake.
- Heat until bubbly on top, flip and cook until golden brown on each side.
- To Make The Peanut Butter Sauce
- Combine all the ingredients in a small saucepan. Heat until boiling. Let cool slightly, and drizzle the sauce over the pancakes. Top with extra banana slices, if desired.