Churro pancakes turn weekend pancakes into something truly special. Boxed pancake mix gets a churro inspired makeover for cinnamon sugar pancakes that are the most indulgent brunch. Easy enough to make any weekend, but special feeling enough to make for a spectacular holiday breakfast.
Churros and pancakes are two of my favorite things. And they go together so well.
Pancakes practically beg for a cinnamon sugar coating. Well, to be honest, most things beg for a cinnamon sugar coating.
French toast? Let’s coat it in cinnamon sugar. Waffles? Same.
Not only am I coating these pancakes in a generous helping of cinnamon sugar, I am giving basic maple syrup a huge upgrade.
Instead of drizzling (or slathering whatever- no judgement here!) your pancakes with maple syrup, these get a delicious chocolate glaze.
Part of the fun of churros is dunking them in the chocolate dip. I don’t know about you but when I get churros at my favorite Mexican restaurant, I mop up every last drop of the chocolate dipping sauce.
You’ll want to do that with this homemade chocolate syrup too.
An Easy Way to Upgrade your Pancake Game! How to Make Churro Pancakes:
Making these churro pancakes is seriously simple. You don’t need much to up your pancake game.
Start with your favorite box mix and whatever ingredients the box mix needs. Mix the pancake mix according to the instructions on the box. Then heat up and generously grease your skillet.
When your skillet is hot, pour about 3/4 a cup of batter onto it. When the top of the pancake starts to bubble, flip it and cook it until both sides are golden. Repeat this until you have a heaping stack of pancakes.
Once you have a big stack of pancakes, pour about a quarter inch of oil into the bottom of your skillet. Let the oil heat, and then fry one of your cooked pancakes for about 15 seconds on each side.
After you fry one pancake coat it in cinnamon sugar. Repeat until all the pancakes are fried and covered in cinnamon sugar.
You could serve them as is with maple syrup or even a drizzle of honey or you can complete the pancake upgrade by making the chocolate syrup.
Chocolate Syrup for Pancakes:
Making this chocolate pancake syrup takes no time at all and is definitely worth it.
To make it, you just add your chocolate chips and your sweetened condensed milk to a microwave safe bowl. Then microwave for 30 seconds and stir.
Repeat this until your chocolate is completely melted and smooth.
Be careful not to overcook your chocolate or it will burn and clump up. Sadly, overcooked chocolate is the only way chocolate is not delicious.
Other Over the Top Breakfast and Brunch Recipes You Might Also Love:
If you love these churro pancakes, you might also like these other indulgent breakfast recipes:
- Strawberry shortcake pancakes that have all the delicious flavors of the dessert classic
- Overnight cherry French toast bake that combines the goodness of cherry pie with satisfying French toast
- Decadent chocolate cheesecake crepes filled with a luscious chocolate cheesecake filling
- Chocolate French toast casserole because it’s never too early in the day to have chocolate
- Apple pie pancakes for a breakfast that’s a favorite with everyone
Any of these delicious breakfast options will make any morning special, but my churro pancakes will satisfy a churro craving with their cinnamon sugar goodness.
If you’ve tried these CHURRO PANCAKES, or any other recipe on my site, let me know in the comment section how it turned out, we love hearing from our readers! You can also follow along with me on PINTEREST, FACEBOOK, and INSTAGRAM to see more amazing recipes and whatever else we’ve got going on!
- Pancake Mix + the ingredients the mix calls for
- 1 cup Sugar
- 2 tablespoons Cinnamon
- 1/2 14 oz can condensed Milk
- 1 1/2 cups semi sweet chocolate chips
- Start by preparing your pancake mix as instructed on the box.
- Heat up your skillet and pour about 3/4 cup of batter onto a hot and greased skillet.
- Once the top of your pancake begins to bubble, flip it, and finish cooking until both sides are golden.
- Once you have a generous stack of pancakes made, place about 1/4 inch of oil into the bottom of your skillet.
- In a large bowl, place your cinnamon and sugar and mix well.
- Place your prepared pancake into the hot oil and fry on each side, it takes less than 30 seconds.
- Pull from the hot oil immediately and place into your cinnamon and sugar mixture.
- Coat each side of your pancake well.
- In a microwave safe bowl place your condensed milk and chocolate chips.
- Microwave at 30 seconds intervals until completely melted and smooth. Stir after each interval.
- Pour melted chocolate over your stack of pancakes.
- Serve and enjoy!
Leave a Comment