I don’t like to bring the heat in my house in the Summer, in any recipe- dessert included. This sweet pineapple pretzel fluff salad is a delicious chilled dessert that’s easy to beat the heat with. Studded with chunks of sweet pineapple & salted pretzels, it combines the best of both worlds in a creamy fluffed treat.
This post and recipe were created for #SummerDessertWeek! I was sent samples by some of the sponsor companies but as always the opinions are 100% my own.
Desserts are a big deal around here, especially in our home. All my guys go crazy for any sweet sugary treat. And of course they all have their seasonal favorites.
Denser baked goods, like pies, cakes, and bread puddings are always a hit in the colder months. But in the cooler ones, I typically don’t want any heat in my sweets.
I guess you could say my tastes reflect the temperature outside. Something to warm me up in the Winter; something to cool me off during Summer.
You’ll never hear me say no to a cold bowl of no churn ice cream in the Summer. Especially not if it’s this salted caramel pretzel ice cream.
The same can be said for a piping hot mug full of this red wine hot chocolate in the Winter. Yummm. I can taste it now.
Seasonal desserts, it’s the best way to truly enjoy a sweet treat at the end of a long day. And every dessert we make was meant to be shared.
I feel like Summer desserts get the shaft sometimes. They aren’t celebrated nearly enough compared to their cold weather counterparts. At least not if they’re anything other than ice cream.
It’s time to change that, and also to showcase how much more there is to enjoy in that department this time of year. So we’re participating in the 3rd annual #SummerDessertWeek.
Be sure to stick around after the recipe, and scroll down to enter our awesome giveaway and find other yummy Summer treats to make & enjoy.
A good fluff recipe, like this pineapple pretzel fluff salad is always a hit at any party or potluck. And in this season of parties & backyard barbecues, that’s a good thing to have filed away. This is one vintage idea that’s really stood the test of time. But what exactly is it?
WHAT IS A DESSERT FLUFF SALAD?
A fluff is considered a dessert ‘salad’. It’s smooth, creamy, and served chilled. It almost always involves a sweetened whipped topping base that’s studded with a fruit flavoring & actual pieces of fruit. There’s also typically a crunchy or savory element. Either pretzels or nuts.
A lot of fluff recipes also call for the addition of marshmallows. Like our cranberry fluff salad. This recipe is sweet enough as is, so we skipped that step. It keeps it simpler, and really highlights the ingredients in the dish.
INGREDIENTS NEEDED TO MAKE THIS FLUFF SALAD RECIPE:
- cream cheese
- powdered sugar
- whipped topping
There’s no time for extra steps, or extra ingredients this time of year. This ingredient list is short, simple, & sweet- just like any good relaxing treat should be. Now it’s time to bring these otherwise simple flavors together, and transform them into a truly heavenly combination.
HOW DO YOU MAKE PINEAPPLE PRETZEL FLUFF SALAD?
- Stir the pretzels together with melted butter and sugar, tossing to evenly coat.
- Spread them out evenly on a parchment paper lined baking sheet, baking them for 8 minutes at 400 degrees.
- Remove them from the oven, and transfer to a fresh sheet of parchment paper- spread in a single layer to cool completely.
- Whip the cream cheese & powdered sugar together until smooth and completely incorporated.
- Fold in the pineapple & whipped topping until the fluff salad is smooth.
- Just before serving, stir in desired amount of pretzels. Top with the rest, and serve immediately.
That’s it, folks. Transfer your fancy fluff dessert to a pretty serving bowl of choice, & garnish it with some candied pretzels. Prepare to impress any guests it’s served to.
Pineapple pretzel salad is sweet- making it a dessert lover’s dream. It’s also delightfully cool & creamy, making it one of the tastiest ways to cool off and beat the heat.
Plus retro is trendy right now, what yummier way to jump on the bandwagon than by bringing a sweet dessert salad to the next party?
There’s always room for improvement though, or to do things a little differently. The recipe’s delicious as written, but we’ve got a couple ways to adapt it to suit your own tastes a bit better.
TIPS & TRICKS FOR MAKING THIS FRUIT SALAD RECIPE:
- Usually I would probably encourage you to stick with full fat cream cheese, but this recipe works just as well when subbing neaufchatel. It’s a small switch that can shave calories.
- You can serve this recipe as is, as soon as it’s whipped up- but I highly recommend chilling it first. Cover it, and let it sit in the fridge for an hour so the flavors really get a chance to develop. Just don’t add the pretzels until you’re ready to get served.
- You don’t have to add all of the pretzels to the salad either. I like a lot of crunch, you may like less. They’re also really sweet, and too many may be too sweet for some. Eyeball it.
- If you like more of a sweet & salty combination, you can skip candying the pretzels all together. Just break them up as instructed & stir the plain salted pretzels in as instructed.
- Don’t have crushed pineapple? You can use pineapple tidbits instead. Or if you only have pineapple chunks, drain as called for, and then give them a quick whirl in the food processor before using.
As with pretty much any dish, the result is often entirely dependent on the quality of ingredients used. This dish isn’t really any different, especially when it comes to candying the pretzels.
The butter & sugar need to combine and bubble up & over the pretzels to properly coat them. Part of me making sure this happens is making sure I use good sugar.
For me, that means using Dixie Crystal’s granulated & powdered sugars in this recipe. They never disappoint.
Pineapple pretzel salad is this year’s must-have dessert. Rediscover a dessert trend style that your grandparents were all too familiar with.
A cool, creamy whipped dessert laden with tangy bits of tropical pineapple & salty sweet candy pretzel pieces. It’s the best way to sit back & relax on a hot day.
OTHER DESSERT SALADS TO ENJOY:
If you’ve tried these PINEAPPLE PRETZEL FLUFF SALAD, or any other recipe on my site, let me know in the comment section how it turned out, we love hearing from our readers! You can also follow along with me on PINTEREST, FACEBOOK, and INSTAGRAM to see more amazing recipes and whatever else we’ve got going on!
Don’t forget to keep scrolling past the recipe card to see & enter this years awesome #SummerDessertWeek giveaway. Also, check out a few of the other delicious desserts we’re bringing your way today. Bookmark a couple to try, and taste your way to an even sweeter Summer!
Pineapple Pretzel Fluff Salad
- 3 cups broken up pretzel pieces
- 1/3 cup Dixie Crystal's granulated sugar
- 1/3 cup butter melted
- 8 oz cream cheese softened
- 1/2 cup Dixie Crystal's powdered sugar
- 1 20 oz can crushed pineapple drained
- 1 8 oz tub whipped topping thawed
- Add the pretzels, butter, & sugar to a large mixing bowl. Stir everything together until the pretzels are all evenly coated.
- Transfer the pretzels to a rimmed sheet pan that's been spread with parchment paper. Spread them out evenly into a single layer.
- Bake the pretzels at 400 degrees for 8 minutes.
- Remove the pretzels from the oven, and spread them onto a large sheet of parchment paper on a flat surface. Make sure they're in a single even layer, not touching each other as much as possible. Allow them to cool completely.
- Add the powdered sugar & cream cheese to a large mixing bowl. Using a hand mixer, cream them together until smooth.
- Add the pineapple, stirring to evenly incorporate. Fold in the whipped topping until the mixture's smooth.
- When ready to serve, fold in half of the candied pretzels. Sprinkle the remaining pretzels evenly out over top.
- Serve immediately.
Welcome to the 3rd Annual #SummerDessertWeek event hosted by Angie from Big Bear’s Wife. This week-long summer time event is filled with some down right amazing sweet recipes from fantastic bloggers and we’ve got some great giveaways from our generous sponsors for y’all too!! We can’t wait to share all of these summer-themed desserts with you and celebrate sweet, sweet summertime all week long!
There are 45 incredible bloggers participating in this year’s #SummerDessertWeek event! Thanks to those bloggers, we have over 168 summer time sweet treat recipes being shared this week! Grab a few recipes to try out and don’t forget to enter the giveaway below!
Scroll down to take a look!
Dixie Crystals is giving away one (1)Keurig® K-Select® Coffee Maker
Prize #2 — Adam’s Extract is giving away – 1 Gift Pack – including Adams Poundcake Kit, Adams Best, Adams Lemon Extract, Adams Natural Food Color, and Adams Cinnamon Sugar
Prize #3 —Wilton is giving away a Wilton Gift Pack – including – Bake and Bring Geometric Print Non-Stick 13 x 9 -inch Oblong Pan, Bake and Bring Geometric Print Non-Stick 8-inch Square Cake Pan, Bake and Bring Geometric Print Non-Stick 8-inch Round Cake Pan, Peach Cobbler Candy Melts Candy, Blueberry Lemonade Candy Melts Candy, Orange Crème Candy Melts Candy, Key Lime Pie Decorating Icing Pouch with Tips, Orange Crème Decorating Icing Pouch with Tips, Pop Art Triangle and Solid Cupcake Liners, Geometric Print and Solid Green Cupcake Liners, Balloon Dog Icing Decorations, Assorted Brights and Pastels Sprinkles, Blue Sprinkles Tackle Box, Coral Sprinkles Tackle Box, DIY-Lish Mermaid Kit, DIY-Lish Candy Lollipop Kit and Disposable Decorating Bags with 1M Tips
Prize #4 — Sweets & Treats Boutique is giving away 1 (one) baking supply box including an assortment of sprinkles and cupcake liners as well as one of Love From The Oven’s recent cookbooks!
Prize #4 — Anolon is giving one (1) winner an Anolon Advanced Graphite 9″ Round Springform Pan & an Anolon Advanced Graphite 9″ Square Springform Pan
Giveaway open to US Residents 18 years or older. All entries will be verified. No PO Boxes Please. Prizes will be sent directly from sponsors to winners, bloggers are not responsible for prizes. This giveaway runs from July 7th – July 14th at 12AMEST. Winners will be selected soon afterward and contacted by e-mail. Winners will have 48 hours to respond or a new winner will be chosen. There are a total of 5 (five) prizes and therefore we will have a total of 5 (five) winners. No purchase necessary. Void where prohibited by law.
Disclaimer: These posts and recipes are part of the week-long event, #SummerDessertWeek but all opinions are 100% mine! We would like to Thank our amazing sponsors: Dixie Crystals, Adam’s Extract, Wilton, Sweets and Treats Shop and Anolon ! These wonderful sponsors provided the prize packs for our giveaways and also sent samples and products to the #SummerDessertWeek bloggers to use in their recipes.
Check out the amazing #SummerDessertWeek recipes from our bloggers today!
Ice Cream Recipes:
- Circus Animal Cookie Ice Cream from Fake Ginger
- No Churn Banana Pudding Ice Cream from Nik Snacks
- Butterscotch Ice Cream from Pastry Chef Online
- Individual Mermaid Ice Cream Treats from Family Around the Table
- Orange Creamsicle Ice Cream Bon Bons from Cooking With Carlee
Pies of Summer:
- Creamy Peach Pie Delight from Who Needs A Cape?
- Key Lime Coconut Pie from Doughmesstic
- Frozen Strawberry Yogurt Pie from Rants From My Crazy Kitchen
- Mini Fresh Strawberry Pies from Cheese Curds in Paradise
- Cherry Limeade Icebox Pie from Sweet Beginnings
Sweet Summertime Cakes and Cupcakes:
- Coconut Custard Almond Cake from The Food Hunter’s Guide to Cuisine
- Strawberry Ice Cream Cake from The Beard and The Baker
- Fiesta Lime Cupcakes from My Baking Heart
- Nana’s Strawberry Shortcake Cake from Daily Dish Recipes
- Ice Cream Cone Drip Cake from Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
- Summer Berries Pavlova Cake from Home Sweet Homestead
- Buttermilk Chocolate Cake from Back To My Southern Roots
- Peanut Butter and Chocolate Charlotte A Kitchen Hoor’s Adventures
- Mermaid Layer Cake from Love and Confections
- Vanilla Icebox Cake from Books n’ Cooks
- Peach-Basil Coffee Cake from The Spiffy Cookie
- Strawberry Lemonade Cupcakes from Cookaholic Wife
- The Perfect Vanilla Cupcake from Our Good Life
No Bake Treats:
- No Bake Lemon Chiffon Dessert from Miss in the Kitchen
- No Bake Berry Cheesecake from Desserts Required
- Pineapple Pretzel Fluff Salad from 4 Sons R Us
- Easy Raspberry Cream Cheese Dessert from Blogghetti
- No Bake Strawberry Cheesecake from Everyday Eileen
- Strawberry Pretzel Salad Dessert from Creative Southern Home
- Sea Shell Beach Cakesicles from Big Bear’s Wife
- Mermaid Splash Cookies from The Domestic Kitchen
- Blueberry Crumble Cheesecake from A Blender Mom
- Cruise Ship Strawberry Crepes from Southern From Scratch
- Blueberry Lemon Cheesecake from Eat Move Make
- Caramel Sticky Pudding Cake from Shockingly Delicious
- Blackberry Roly Poly from Nancie’s Table
- Strawberry Monkey Bread from The Bitter Side of Sweet
- Raspberry Custard Bars with Almond from My Sweet Zepol
- Caramel Corn Cheesecake from Sweet ReciPEAs
- Blackberry Cheesecake with Blackberry Compote from Karen’s Kitchen Stories
- Easy Mini Fruit Pizzas from Jen Around the World
- Sunflower Cookies from Cindy’s Recipes and Writings
- Orange Creamsicle Chip Cookies from Palatable Pastime
- Viennese Whirls from Kudos Kitchen by Renee
- Mason Jar Caramel Banana Pudding from For the Love of Food
Leave a Comment