,Sticky chicken and biscuit sandwiches combine crisp chicken strips, tender buttermilk biscuits and a finger licking good sweet and spicy honey glaze. Make this delicious take on chicken and biscuits and create a chicken slider sandwich your family will love.
Chicken and biscuits go so well together.
Instead of having fried chicken, biscuits and mashed potatoes though, sometimes I like to switch it up.
Enter these sinfully delicious sticky chicken and biscuit sandwiches.
Trust me when I say they’re good. The sweet and spicy honey glaze coats the chicken in a zesty flavor.
How to Make Sticky Chicken and Biscuit Sandwiches
Shortcuts and Modifications For Glazed Chicken & Biscuits
This sandwich is as easy or as complicated as you want it to be.
When I make these chicken sliders, I normally use these copycat KFC biscuits.
To balance out making homemade biscuits, I generally use frozen or premade chicken tenders.
If you want that biscuit flavor without the work, you can absolutely use store bought biscuits, or even pick up a batch from your favorite fast food joint.
On the other hand, if you want to make this whole thing homemade, you can go all out and make the chicken tenders yourself too instead of using frozen.
Tips and Tricks for the Best Sticky Chicken and Biscuits Sandwiches
- You can adjust the heat level by adjusting the amount of hot sauce you use. Less hot sauce for less heat.
- Use good hot sauce for the glaze. I like Frank’s RedHot, but use your favorite.
- Less garlic will also give it a more mild flavor.
- For an Asian inspired spin, sub Sriracha for hot sauce.
What to Serve with these Fried Chicken Sliders
Coleslaw and potato salad would both pair really well with these.
And don’t forget to wash them down with a big glass of sweet tea!
Other Sweet and Spicy Recipes You Might Enjoy
These sweet and spicy sticky chicken and biscuit sandwiches are the perfect blend of bold but traditional flavor. Make this twist on chicken and biscuits the next time you feel like you need a fresh take on a classic.
Looking for other sweet and spicy recipes? Try these:
- Sweet & Spicy Refrigerator Pickles
- Sweet & Spicy Honey Sriracha Salmon
- Sweet & Spicy Brussels Sprouts
If you’ve tried this STICKY CHICKEN & BISCUIT SANDWICHES, or any other recipe on my site, let me know in the comment section how it turned out, we love hearing from our readers! You can also follow along with me on PINTEREST, FACEBOOK, and INSTAGRAM to see more amazing recipes and whatever else we’ve got going on!
Sweet & Spicy Sticky Chicken & Biscuit Sandwiches
- buttermilk biscuits
- breaded chicken tenders cooked according to package instructions
- 1/4 cup butter
- 3 tbsp honey
- pinch garlic powder
- 1 1/2 tsp hot sauce or more, to taste
- 1/4 tsp cornstarch + splash of water
- In a small pot on the stove, melt the butter.
- Once the butter's melted add the honey, garlic, and hot sauce. Let the mixture simmer for 2-3 minutes.
- Mix the bit of cornstarch and splash of water in a tiny bowl with a fork until evenly combined. Pour this mixture into the glaze.
- Let the glaze simmer another minute or two until glossy and thickened. If it coats the back of a spoon, it's thickened enough. Remove from heat and set aside.
- Add the chicken tenders to a large mixing bowl. Pour the sweet & spicy glaze over top. Gently toss to coat, just until all the tenders are lightly coated.
- Slice the buttermilk biscuits in half, and serve each with a glazed chicken tender (or two) in the center.