Dill pickle pasta salad combines briny pickles with cubes of cheddar cheese and a creamy dressing to make a yummy side dish. This creamy pasta salad recipe will be the hit of any spring or summer meal.
Pasta salad is hands down one of the best warm weather foods.
And neither can my family!
Ingredients in Dill Pickle Pasta Salad
Pasta salad recipes can include a variety of ingredients.
You can find pasta salads with almost any combination of pasta, veggies, and meats. Some have vinaigrette dressings and others are creamy.
This dill pickle pasta salad is a creamy pasta salad with only a small handful of ingredients.
To make this pasta salad recipe you need:
- pickle juice
- dill pickles
- a block of sharp cheddar cheese
- a small white onion
- sour cream
- dried dill
- salt and pepper
How to Make Dill Pickle Pasta Salad
Tips and Tricks to Make the Best Dill Pickle Pasta Salad
This pasta salad recipe is a winner. Follow these suggestions to make sure it’s delicious each and every time you make it.
- Any smaller thicker pasta shape will work in this recipe. If you don’t have rotini, you could substitute ziti, penne or even macaroni noodles.
- You can be make it ahead of time, but it will not be as creamy. The dressing thickens when refrigerated.
- I prefer a nice crisp pickle for this salad like refrigerated Claussen’s pickles.
- Do not use Miracle Whip! For best results, use a good full fat mayo. I recommend Hellman’s or Dukes.
Looking for Other Pasta Salad Recipes? Try these:
This pasta salad recipe is a crowd pleaser in our house. Put it on your meal plan and see why we love it so much!
Looking for other pasta salad recipes? Try these:
If you’ve tried this DILL PICKLE PASTA SALAD, or any other recipe on my site, let me know in the comment section how it turned out, we love hearing from our readers! You can also follow along with me on PINTEREST, FACEBOOK, and INSTAGRAM to see more amazing recipes and whatever else we’ve got going on!
Dill Pickle Pasta Salad
- 1 lb rotini pasta
- 1/3 cup dill pickle juice
- 2 cups chopped dill pickles Claussen recommended
- 1 8 oz block sharp cheddar cheese diced
- 1 small white onion minced
For The Dressing
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/3 cup dill pickle juice
- 1 tbsp dried dill
- salt & pepper to taste
- Cook the pasta, according to the package directions, in boiling salted water. Once al dente, strain and run the pasta under cold water until it's all cooled to the touch.
- Transfer the cooled, cooked pasta to a large mixing bowl. Pour the pickle juice over top, and gently toss to combine. Set aside.
- While the pasta's sitting, you can chop your pickles, dice the onion, and cube the cheese.
- In a separate, small mixing bowl- whisk together all the dressing ingredients. Pour the whipped dressing out over the pasta.
- Toss everything to combine. Serve as is, or cover and refrigerate for two hours before serving chilled.