Quesadilla burgers feature juicy burgers and spicy chipotle mayo on warm, crisp flour tortillas. When you can’t decide between a burger and a quesadilla, this unique Applebee’s copy cat burger recipe will satisfy both your cravings.
Applebee’s is a family favorite for nights out. I personally love their quesadilla burgers. Have you had them?
If not, you are missing out. They are so delicious! I’d eat them every day if I could.
However, it wouldn’t be budget friendly to take my family to Applebee’s all the time so I came up with my own version of this delicious burger recipe at home the way I make Panera’s mac and cheese all the time.
What is a quesadilla burger?
The Applebee’s quesadilla burger has Mexi-ranch sauce, bacon, pico and lettuce in a jack and cheddar quesadilla.
My version is slightly different. I omit the bacon and instead of a Mexi-ranch sauce, I am using a chipotle mayonnaise that is absolutely delicious.
Make Applebee’s Quesadilla Burgers at Home
Aside from being much more budget friendly to make quesadilla burgers at home, you can also more easily customize them to suit your tastes.
For example, this recipe doesn’t include bacon the way the Applebee’s burgers do. However, if you are a bacon lover, you can go ahead and add bacon.
The same goes for the pico and the lettuce. If putting veggies on your burgers isn’t for you, go ahead and skip it.
The same thing applies for cheese. If melty cheese is a burger essential for you, then by all means top yours with a thick slice of your favorite kind. Monterrey or pepper jack would both be excellent for this recipe.
How to Make Quesadilla Burgers
To make quesadilla burgers, first make the burgers. Start by heating some oil in a pan over medium heat.
While the oil heats, add all of the burger ingredients to a bowl and mix them together with your hands. Once the ingredients are evenly incorporated, form patties out of the beef mixture.
Then cook the burger patties over medium heat until they are done, flipping the burgers once. When the burgers are cooked to your desired doneness, remove them from the pan and drain some of the excess grease.
After you have drained the grease, just toast up your flour tortillas in the skillet. While the tortillas toast, make your chipotle mayo. Mix the spices into the mayonnaise until they are well incorporated.
Once you’ve toasted the tortillas and made the mayo, you can assemble your burgers.
Put one toasted tortilla on a plate. Top the tortilla with a burger, cheese, pico, lettuce and a generous drizzle of the spiced mayo. Then finish it by placing another tortilla on top of the burger.
Tips and Tricks for Making the Most Delicious Burgers Ever
These suggestions will help make sure your quesadilla burgers are extra delicious.
- Don’t skip seasoning the beef. The seasoned beef makes the burgers extra yum.
- Feel free to melt the cheese on the burgers. Just pop the burgers in a warm oven to melt the cheese.
- Customize the burgers with your preferred toppings. Bacon, jalapeno wedges, fresh cilantro, and even guacamole would be delicious additions.
Looking for other burger recipes? Here are some favorites!
These copy cat Applebee’s quesadilla burgers are family favorites. Make some for your next burger night and see why we love them so much.
In the mood for a little burger variety? Try these other fantastic burger recipes:
- Guinness Bacon Irish Cheddar Burgers
- Mongolian Barbecue Burgers with Asian Slaw
- Grilled Tandoori Chicken Burgers
To make things really fun, you can really switch things around and try our tasty cheeseburger quesadilla recipe!
If you’ve tried this COPY CAT APPLEBEE’S QUESADILLA BURGER, or any other recipe on the site, let me know in the comment section how it turned out, we love hearing from our readers! You can also follow along with me on PINTEREST, FACEBOOK, and INSTAGRAM to see more amazing recipes and whatever else we’ve got going on!
Copy Cat Applebee's Quesadilla Burger
For The Burgers
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1/2 cup white onion finely diced
- 2 tbsp minced garlic
- 2 tbsp fresh cilantro leaves finely chopped
- 1/2 tsp ground cumin
- salt & pepper to taste
For The Chipotle Mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 tsp chipotle powder
- 1/8 tsp smoked paprika
- 1/2 tsp half and half
For Assembling The Burgers
- 4 small flour tortillas
- 1 cup shredded Mexican blend cheeses
- 1/2 cup pico de gallo drained
- iceberg lettuce leaves roughly chopped
To Make The Burgers
- In a large mixing bowl, add all of the burger ingredients. Using your hands, knead all of the ingredients together until the mixture's smooth & everything's evenly combined.
- Heat a large skillet over medium heat with a little bit of oil in it.
- Using your hands, for the seasoned ground beef mixture into two large patties. Try to get them wide and thick- they're going on tortillas as buns and beef shrinks as it cooks.
- Cook the burgers in the skillet once the oil's hot. Flip them and cook as desired until the outsides are crisp and the inside is your preferred temperature.
- Remove the cooked burgers from the skillet, transfer them to a plate, and set aside. You can pop the plate into the oven on the keep warm setting if needed to ensure they stay warm.
To Make The Chipotle Mayo
- In a small bowl, whisk together all of the ingredients until smooth. Set the mixture aside.
To Assemble The Burgers
- Drain the burger grease out of the skillet.
- Add two flour tortillas to the pan over medium low heat, and cook just until the tortillas have begun to crisp and turned golden brown.
- Using tongs, remove the tortillas from the skillet and transfer them to a paper towel lined plates to drain any excess grease.
- Repeat for the remaining two tortillas.
- Add one tortilla each to two plates. Top each tortilla with half of the cheese. Add a burger.
- Divide the pico de gallo and lettuce out between the two burgers, topping them both evenly.
- Next, add your desired amount of the chipotle mayonnaise to each burger. It is liquidy so I like to spoon it over top.
- Top each burger with one of the remaining tortillas, serve & enjoy!