This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and Conagra Brands. All opinions are mine alone. P.F. Chang’s and P.F. Chang’s Home Menu® are registered trademarks owned by P.F. Chang’s China Bistro, Inc. and are used with permission. #AuthenticMadeEasy #CollectiveBias
Love a good burger for a hearty lunch or dinner? Infuse yours with authentic Asian flavor with these easy Mongolian Barbecue Burgers with Asian Slaw. Thick, juicy Mongolian flavored burgers topped with an Asian style slaw are sandwiched between buttery brioche buns, and ready for you to tuck right into.
Have you pulled out the big comforter, hoodies, and hot chocolate yet? We sure have!
As soon as the temps drop, we’re all about embracing the season. For me, Fall means flavor- specifically savory saucy meaty comfort food.
Usually, that means I conform to one of two flavor profiles- down home Southern style, or saucy Asian flavored dishes.
I cannot tell you how stoked I was, when I was in my local Walmart, to discover that P.F. Chang’s Home Menu® Sauces had added to their amazing line of sauces.
We’ve used several of their yummy line before. It includes some of our favorite flavors, specifically Teriyaki, Sesame, and a fantastic Kung Pao. Imagine my delight when we found they’d added Soy & Mongolian versions to the mix.
You know one of each was going into my cart- no questions asked. I mean for me it’s a no-brainer. In one bottle I get authentic Asian flavor that I can incorporate into any recipe I see fit, without adding any complicated steps for myself.
For me, that’s just smart shopping.
For us, there’s nothing better than diving into a hearty burger when it’s cold outside. It’s just so comforting. It tastes like home, something Mama & Grandma made.
But what about a burger that takes the best of old school, and gives it a new twist? Combining a family favorite with a saucy finish from a few key ingredients and a new marinade.
Luckily, it’s easy to get just that (and more) in one burger. A burger that will totally transform your taste buds. The secret ingredient? NEW P.F. Chang’s® Home Menu Mongolian Sauce! And, of course, a few finishing touches.
Tender, juicy homemade Asian spiced beef patties are marinated in the Mongolian flavored sauce before being pan fried and placed on a fluffy, buttery brioche buns topped with a sprinkle of sesame seeds.
Topped with a sweet, slightly tangy Asian style slaw, these Mongolian Barbecue Burgers with Asian Slaw are slathered with a hoisin ketchup and sandwiched between buns covered in a garlic chili mayo.
It’s a mind blowing flavor combination that makes a filling, cozy burger with a new twist on an old family favorite.
These Mongolian Barbecue Burgers with Asian Slaw offer authentic Asian flavor, in easy to enjoy hand held form. Literally, the perfect thing to eat in your hoodie, and to celebrate with a delicious hot tea or chocolate.
Mongolian Barbecue Burgers with Asian Slaw
- 4 brioche buns
- 1 tbsp melted butter, optional
- sesame seeds
- 1 tbsp olive oil
To Make The Burgers
- 1 lb lean ground beef
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 1/2 cup panko bread crumbs
- heaping 1/3 cup PF Changs Mongolian Sauce
- 1 tsp hot chili sauce
- 1 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1/2 tbsp brown sugar
- 1 tsp dried basil
- 1/2 tsp ground ginger
- salt & pepper, to taste
For The Chili Garlic Mayo
- 1/2 cup mayo
- 1 tsp asian garlic chili sauce
For The Hoisin Ketchup
- 1/4 cup ketchup
- 1 tbsp hoisin sauce
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- 1/2 tbsp lemon juice
For The Asian Slaw
- 4 cups coleslaw, large pieces removed
- 1 cup matchstick carrots
- 2 tsp rice vinegar
- 1 tsp soy sauce
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- 1/2 tsp sugar
- 1/2 tsp sesame oil
To Make The Burgers
- In a large bowl, add all of the burger ingredients and use your hands to mix well. Shape the mixture into 4 patties, roughly the size of your buns. Make a deep thumb print in the middle of each patty (to help them cook evenly), and refrigerate them for 15 minutes.
To Make The Asian Flavored Condiments
- In a small bowl, whisk together all of the ketchup ingredients. Refrigerate, covered, until ready to use.
- In another small bowl, whisk together the mayo ingredients. Refrigerate, covered, until ready to use.
To Make The Asian Slaw
- To a large bowl, add the slaw and carrots. Toss with the remaining ingredients, until mixed well. Refrigerate, until ready to use.
To Fix The Burgers
- In a large skillet, over medium high heat, heat the olive oil. Once the oil is hot, add the patties. Continue cooking until they're charred on one side, about 3 minutes. Flip the patties, and char the other side, for the same amount of time.
- Cover the pan and cook an additional 3-5 minutes, or until your desired done-ness.
- Spread the tops of the burgers with melted butter. Sprinkle with sesame seeds. Let sit.
- Spread the inside of the buns liberally with the mayo. Top bottom buns with burgers. Spread the ketchup liberally out over top. Add a generous heaping helping of Asian slaw, top with the other side of the bun, and enjoy!
You can find all of P.F. Chang’s® Home Menu Sauces in the Asian aisle at your local Walmart. Be sure to stock up, and if you need some extra inspiration, check out these great ideas.
P.F. Chang’s and P.F. Chang’s Home Menu® are registered trademarks owned by P.F. Chang’s China Bistro, Inc. and are used with permission.